September Favorites!

I am just consistently late with these lately, aren't I? My bad. School has had me in a tizzy the last two weeks but I finally have a breather so I'll try to do something about a list though September didn't really do much for me. I was really busy so I had almost no life but I shall endeavor to do my best.

BOOKS


1. The Maze Runner - I was so busy but I could not resist. I really wanted to see the movie (which I haven't yet) but I wanted to read the book first because I do that with these kinds of things. But I absolutely loved the book and it was so easy to get through so I took a few moments here and there and read it and have bought the second so I'll hopefully start that one after midterms.

2. The Selection - Let me preface this by - this is not my usual kind of book. I'm not super into YA romance novels. I'm not into any romance novels, actually. But the idea of this sounded pretty cool and I have no romance in my own life so I figured I would give it a shot. So, I did. I read the first book in three hours. Did the same with the second. And again with the third. I'm told she's going to be writing more but the three books wrap up very nicely. And they are very interesting and I actually enjoyed them a lot. So if you're into romance and royalty with a side of political conspiracy, you will probably love these books, too.

TV


1. Once Upon a Time - I finally caught up from last season by having a marathon with my mom so we could start the new season which just premiered two days ago but we haven't actually watched that episode yet because the Frozen characters are coming and neither of us have seen that movie yet. So, I rented the movie and now movie first then show. But UGH. I love this show so much and the season finale shattered my heart (for Regina, who is my favorite character). I love this show so much. If you watch it and are all caught up, message me. I need to talk to someone about all my feels on this show.

2. Criminal Minds - Another show I finally finished catching up on and, AGAIN, my heart hurts after the season finale. I missed the season premiere of this one, too, though. I'm not thrilled about Jennifer Love-Hewitt coming on. Never been a fan of hers and I don't like the majority of new people they bring in on that show. I liked Emily until she kept leaving and coming back and I really liked Blake. I have to say that Garcia is looking prettier and prettier every season. I just adore her.

3. SPORTS - FINALLY HOCKEY IS BACK. It was only exhibition but last weekend I finally got to watch my Rangers play and I am just overjoyed. One more week of exhibition games then the real season starts and I can't wait. I'm getting my tickets for the Rangers vs. Red Wings game in December since my gal pal is super into Detroit and it's just going to be amazing. Also, FOOTBALL. I love the NFL. Don't get me wrong - I adore baseball - but the best sports happen in the fall and winter. I like my sports a little more brutal haha. I'm such a bro, sometimes. My friend Tia and I kind of act like frat guys when it comes to sports. I apologize - I'm a jock stuck in a hipster's body.

Make-Up


I don't wear much make-up at all but I like having options for when I feel like fooling around with it. I'm a simple eyeliner and mascara girl, just mascara on most days actually, and sometimes lipstick. But, options are always fun and when Urban Decay comes out with limited edition stuff sometimes I can't help myself.

1. Urban Decay Palette - I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS. It's mostly beige and brown which is a more natural look and this girl can totally get behind that. I bought the Glinda one (Wizard of Oz, obviously) and it's a lot flashier so I don't wear it all that much. But this palette is gorgeous and their eye shadows always stay on and never smudge. I'm a super big fan. This one was also cheaper than the Oz one (less eye shadows) so that makes me like it even more. I did buy the nail polish from this set too but it was awful. Chipped after one day. A beautiful color, don't get me wrong, but I'm rough with nail polish and I need something with more stay power. Came off way too easily.

2. Zoya Nail Polish - Speaking of nails, I guess I can go ahead and put my favorite brand that I have discovered this far. It still chips on me after like a week or two but that is surprisingly an improvement for me when it comes to polishes. Like I said, I'm super rough on my nails. I have three Zoya polishes that I really love - Giovanna (which is a stunning green), Livingston (which is a simple red), and Pepper (which is a darker red, maroon). They have so many colors and kinds to choose from on their site, all around $9 a bottle but it lasts a long time. I'm about to purchase some matte nail polish from here which I have heard stays on even better. Fingers crossed.

3. Maybelline Baby Lips - Tinted lip balm - my favorite thing ever. I get the special kind - Dr. Rescue - because it makes my lips feel even softer than the others. I have the Berry Soft (pink) and Soothing Sorbet which is a little darker pink. They're all cute and all really great for your lips. Like I said, I enjoy lipstick every now and then but that is like on Friday night. Every other day and night of the week I'm using this balm to keep my lips hydrated. It's awesome.

BOYS

Once Upon a Time Edition

ImageImage
Sheriff Graham//The Huntsman
I miss him so much. <33

Image
Robin Hood
BRB - swooning while watching him with his son.

Image
Killian Jones//Captain Hook
The way he is about Emma ... that's what every girl hopes for.

Image
Prince Phillip
Aurora is so annoying on the show but he is so beautiful.
He should be with Mulan.
Just sayin'.

ImageImage
David//Prince Charming
Ugh. The perfect Prince Charming.
Am I right?

Image
Jefferson//The Mad Hatter
I miss him so much but I know he's living happily with his adorable daughter.

ImageImage
Peter Pan
Why do I find him playing that flute thing so attractive??

STORY SPOTLIGHT


For my own story, the spotlight is on Unscripted
Main Characters: Anna Lockwood & Jasper Lucas (among a slew of other original characters)
Setting: The areas surrounding Boston, MA
Plot: Anna Lockwood, a senior at a very prestigious private school, has just landed her dream internship under new editor-in-chief of The Improper Bostonian, Jasper Lucas. Her attraction to the older man causes a slight tension between her and long time boyfriend, Fletcher Brandon. Her other friends all have secrets and stories in this original fiction full of drama, comedy, and romance. Oh and sports. Because who doesn't love some athletes?

The reason for the spotlight? I'm just kind of into original stories lately and I like what I've done with it so far. I have a lot planned for it and I'm trying my hardest to keep working on it and bump up my inspiration. Luckily I can just watch a bunch of Gossip Girl and then I want to write for it constantly. Tons of babes in it and I think the plot is interesting. I look forward to working on it more.

And the other story in my spotlight, Genevieve.
Written by: babybuddga
Main Characters: Genevieve Gilles and Holden Augustine (and a few others)
Setting: I believe Seattle, though that may be incorrect.
Plot//Reason: I feel like you should just read this rather than me explain it. It contains some serious things like drugs and violence and prostitution and I think it's rated NC-17 but it's really good so far and I cannot wait to see where she's going with it. I hope she keeps updating. It's has 7 chapters so far and I'm on the edge of my seat every time. I really love this one and you should check it out. It's not for the faint of heart, though. Just be forewarned.

Okay so that pretty much sums it up. I was probably going to add more but I started this like 2 days ago and just now finished so I'm kind of over it haha. I also have errands to run today. BUT, I hope you are all having a great Saturday and hopefully I can update some stuff for you this weekend.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Erin
October 4th, 2014 at 05:33pm