RIP Quizilla

This week we all bid farewell to the site upon which most of us got our starts as quasi-published writers. It was on Quizilla that the 2006ish starters first posted our works, still ending our dialogue with periods and capital He said/She saids, still clinging to the plotline of a normal girl falling in love with multiple rockstars while retaining the most basically terrible personality possible.

It was Quizilla where we found gems that made us strive for more and find stories and ideas that truly blossomed into stories that we all hold dear. Not to mention all those atrocious Seven Minutes in Heaven with a Rockstar quizzes we all secretly loved putting ourselves through.

So RIP Quizilla. We all watched you starting to fall. We all eventually moved on to sites like this one. We all knew it was only a matter of time, but that doesn't mean we aren't all saddened by your loss. You were fantastic in your day, and I'm sure a lot of us here at Mibba hold a special place in our hearts for the days we spent scrolling through your pages and obsessing over making your story pages look just right. May you always be remembered as you were, not as what you became.

May you never be forgotten.
October 4th, 2014 at 07:38pm