Blood Pressure

If I told you that all the pressure around me makes me sick, I’ll mean it literally.
When the stress rises, my blood pressure does too. And it actually makes me feel bad. The drugs work, that’s not the problem, but they only work for 8 hours a day and we all know that pressure doesn’t stop at 4 PM.

We feel pressure to do well at school (well, at least some of us), to graduate, to make friends, to find a job, to love that job, to pay our bills, to find a soul mate, to be beautiful, to even wake up in the morning. I have to be honest; I’m scared as fuck for what’s going to happen in a few months and in the next year. The best case scenario is that I graduate, but then what? What if there are no jobs? What if there is no affordable apartment. What if there are no soulmates?
I am scared to fail these quests of life. I was born in a generation where it is a bad thing to fail and to make mistakes. And I really wish that someone taught me how to do it, because now, if I do, I can’t even handle it. Of course the best solution for this problem is to be perfect and never make mistakes, but we all now that is impossible.
When my faults are pointed out, I feel uncomfortable and I’m sure I’m not the only one. It feels like I’ve let someone down and most of all, it feels like I’ve let myself down.

Hey, but you know, I’m still happy. Especially on Wednesdays.
October 5th, 2014 at 12:55pm