bedussey Recommendation Blog (AKA You Should Definitely Read Her Stuff)

Where to start... Okay, so a few months ago I hosted a contest and picked a few winners, and this amazingly talented (I'll probably use the word 'amazing' way too much in this blog post, but whatever. It's necessary) writer, the lovely bedussey, took first place! So as part of one her prizes, she gets this recommendation blog in which I will feature a few of her stories. And honestly, I'm surprised I haven't done a recommendation blog for her stories before because they're amazing.

Seriously. I'm always blown away by her skill and talent anytime I read anything of hers. Anyway, onto the recommendations!

First up: Twelve Feet Deep

Here is the summary from the story page:

Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle states that there’s a boundary to how much we can know. While our own minds are limited, nature is absolute. You can know where something is or how fast it’s going, but never both at the same time.

“One or the other,” she told me, “Be careful playing in the deep end.”

The speed was what enticed us; the ambiguity was what kept us hooked.

And by the time we realized we were the variables in this equation, we were already staring below, whispering, “It’s a long way down from here.”


This is the amazingly amazing entry into my contest that took first place! It's currently active and so, so worth checking out. It's told in the point of view of Pete Wentz, which I think she has done wonderfully. I believe I'm a chapter behind on this cause she recently updated, but I have no doubts that it's a great update (hopefully I will get to reading it soon!). This story had me hooked from the start and definitely left me wanting more!

Next: Believers Never Die

Summary:

"Come with every wound and every woman you’ve ever loved; every lie you’ve ever told and whatever it is that keeps you up at night. Every mouth you’ve punched in, all the blood you’ve ever tasted. Come with every enemy you’ve ever made and all the family you’ve ever buried and every dirty thing you’ve ever done; every drink that’s burnt your throat and every morning you’ve woken with nothing and no one. Come with all your loss, your regrets, sins, memories, black outs, secrets. I’ve never seen anything more beautiful than you."
—Warsan Shire


I am absolutely in love with this story. I've been subscribed to it for a while and I always get excited when I see it's been updated. It's a Pete Wentz fanfiction told from the point of view from a girl name Toni. It switches between past and present in Toni's life, dealing with her struggles and the relationship she has with Pete and I'm honestly not even doing it any justice. Just trust me when I say you should go read this. Now.

Another: 27

Summary:

27 Mokee Lane, 26 spots filled and 1 open for me. 27 members, 27 glasses of milk, 27 hits around the room, 27 weeks I spent with those whack jobs before shit hit the fan. 27 seconds to live, motherfucker, 27 rules and I can only recall one:

No one here gets out alive.

Welcome to the 27 Club.


Wow. This story. Just wow. It's original fiction, I have no idea what's going on (it's super mysterious and intriguing right now), but I do know that it's amazingly written and I could not get enough! I'm very much looking forward to the next update, and you should all go read it and wait with me! Seriously.

And finally: Centuries

Summary:

They just sat back laughing at the wounded city, each breath sucking in ashes and fumes. Oh, it bled alright; drier than Moore County. All expatriate flames hurrying to found new nations of blinding dust. But the two of them, they just squinted at that pipe-cleaner skyline, and it burned hotter in their oil slick pupils. One elbowed the other and said, “I’ve seen better.” Knowing that they were paid to remember the past - he blew out a hot breath and said, “Burn it all.”

This story has not started yet, but I'm already certain it's going to be amazing. Just read that summary and try and tell me you're not already intrigued and blown away. It is a fanfiction and is going to be a, and I quote: "A Little Less Sixteen Candles/Youngblood Chronicles crossover AU." Sounds badass. And amazing.

Amazing count (Including that one right there): 9 (And I was definitely holding back).
October 9th, 2014 at 01:11am