Care Package Swap?

I've been on the NaNoWriMo website for a bit, just going through some of the forums and marking ones I want to come back to, and I noticed a forum about a survival kit for November. The gist of the forum is to post all the things you have ready for when you will write or be out of the house or whatever.

Everyone has a laptop. Everyone has cool notebooks. Everyone has cool books. But I don't. And I can't afford to go out and buy any of these things either.

So why would I be complaining about lack of money when I'm posting about a swap? Well, we all have different things we are into or different things we need. Care packages are supposed to contain things that we can use, right? Of course I know I won't get a laptop out of this! Of course.

But I was thinking - with all the reading books I have, all the brand new makeup from companies, signed swag from indie authors, and even some brand new clothing samples from companies - that maybe someone would want to swap writing supplies for a beauty package, novel package, or a mixture of the two. I've even got a few graphic novels among the sets of brand new and lovingly used books. I've got MAC makeup and products sent straight from companies as gifts, I even have beautiful crystals for good energy and offerings of tarot readings.

Would anybody be into doing some sort of personalized care package swap for the offerings I have? It's just an idea so I'm not expecting it to go anywhere, but it's definitely doable for me if anyone is willing. Or is this a lame idea?
October 13th, 2014 at 11:55pm