The Real Problem With Mibba.

TRIGGER WARNING, HARSH OPINIONS.

The real problem with Mibba isn't the loads of blog title change emails I get because I've only been back a week and have forgotten almost every time.

The real problem with Mibba isn't the change of popular fandoms.

The real problem with Mibba isn't the loads of people that have left and only log on when they read in silent.

The real problem with Mibba isn't that there are people here over the age of twenty or below the age of fifteen.

The real problem is this:
Too many people write for others and worry about what others think.

It's to the point where it's become toxic in itself to do so. Come here, write, hope for loads of comments, get none, throw a fit. I've seen it so many times over the years I've been here. People have come and gone.

But I've also seen people with loads of readers, faithful ones that comment frequently, leave because they decided writing stories about band members that are friends with the guy they like isn't too good of an idea or because writing wasn't the path they had chosen. And people don't realize this.

People come here for all sorts of reasons and leave for just the same, but we all have loved it. Maybe we haven't loved the people here, but I'm pretty sure we've all loved what we've made here and the friendships we've come upon.

Only now that's not the case. Too many of us started out writing love stories and fanfiction here at the age of thirteen - younger even - and now that we're grown up much more there's this boom of depression and upset and anxiety in people. That's fine. I'm not excluded from this. But the thing is, now that this is happening, and now that everyone is worrying about creating work that puts them at the top of some sort of nonexistent chain, all the while trying to impress everyone with their writing... things are just getting worse. And it makes me wonder why people even care about what other's think about their writing, because really, it's the root of many problems here in the Mibbaverse.

Yes, I used to, yes, I still do. But if no one reads my work, and no one comments, I'm still going to keep writing. And everyone else should too. We aren't here to impress people, we aren't here to be politically correct and worry about our thoughts making people upset. Possibility they will get upset? Put a trigger warning on it and move on because once you do it is no longer your problem that someone ignored your warning and keep going. (No, this is not why I personally do it. I do it because I care about Mibba, duh.) Or don't. Because you aren't here for other people, you're here for yourself. But then, you shouldn't care about readers or about attention or what twenty-somethings think of you.

We are all here to write and talk about the things we love with people who feel the same. And I am so sick to fucking death of seeing people put that down every time they get their panties in a twist. Am I downright pissed because I'm 18 and have done my writing the exact same since the second grade? Fuck yes. Am I going to take it out on all the blog mods that keep having to message me because I'm re-learning? No. I'm not. It's a petty thing and if I have a problem with the blog titles, a real problem that starts to bother me, I'll ask who to tell and take it from there. Everyone else should be doing the same thing - taking their issues to the proper places, taking a break from Mibba when they aren't getting what they want out of it and have other things to focus on, testing the waters of other writing sites. But too many don't and now it's becoming an issue.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular. I'm just really upset that this home of mine has become such a toxic place because everyone is upset over something really simple and then people jump in or jump on and want to fuel the upset when really, they just need a break.

No, blog mod friends, I do not want to deactivate or leave Mibba. I want everyone to read this and feel bad about their recent behaviour if they fit the category.

Too many have lost sight of what's really important here on Mibba:
Passion for writing.

Edited at 2:21pm PST 14 October
October 14th, 2014 at 06:58pm