Academic Responsibility

Okay... You know things are bad, when Estelle starts preaching about academic responsibility...

So, I’ve had a series of tests I had to write recently, and I’ve been pretty okay with it (stress, and all that, aside). I was responsible enough to realise that I needed to put the time and effort into my studying, if I wanted to receive good grades, because I take my studies seriously.

What I’m not okay with, is people waiting until two days before, or the day before, a test, to ask me what we’re writing about, and whether I have old tests from previous years, or the demarcation that was emailed to us (like, seriously, go READ YOUR OWN EMAIL), and stuff like that...

Okay, so, I’m not that much of a bitch, so I usually tell the people (albeit reluctantly), because I don’t really want them to fail...

All that, I can somehow find a way to make my peace with, but today I just lost it! What this friend of mine, in one of my classes, did, is by far the limit for me.

So, we were writing a test at 08:00 this morning. Just before 08;00, I texted her, asking whether she was on her way, because the class was filling up, and the lecturer was about ready to hand out the question papers. No reply. I wrote my test, because what else could I do, if she couldn’t be reached? At 09:00 this girl texted me ‘oh fuck’. Turns out, she had overslept, because she’s hungover...

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a girl I had to send the demarcation of the test to, who didn’t show up for said test, because of a hangover.

Now, I’m feeling like a bad person for getting a little upset with her, because she’s now going to email the lecturer to hear what can be done about her missing the test, but...come on!!!!

I really don’t know what to think... Am I wrong here? I mean, clearly everyone has issues, and excuses, and whatnot, but...

Ugh! Maybe I’m just slightly sleep deprived. (Last night, I retired early from studying, to sleep, so I could study some more early this morning [I know, it’s not the best way to go about it, but I was exhausted from my test yesterday...], but my sleep was interrupted by my brother needing to talk about something in the middle of the night, so I had less than three hours to sleep, after that...).

I don’t know, all things considered, I still think that I’m allowed to be at least a little pissed with these people...?
October 16th, 2014 at 10:49am