I Am So Lucky.

If you've been reading my blogs, you know I haven't had too many days off lately. I'm trying to work 45 hours a week, while going to school full-time, and still ensure that I graduate this semester. And I'm exhausted. I'm working 12-hour days whenever I'm able to and they'll let me and I'm falling behind on my homework and I just feel like I'm drowning. Add a healthy dose of PMS onto that and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster.

This morning I woke up so depressed that I couldn't will myself to get out of bed. I'm working 25 consecutive days right now and I want a day off so badly. It took every ounce of willpower I had today NOT to skip class and call into work (if I called in I wouldn't hit overtime this week AND I don't know when I could possibly make up the hours with my schedule as full as it is).

So my husband laid in bed with me. For over an hour. Cuddling with me and kissing me and talking to me. He massaged my back where it's been incredibly sore from sitting in the same chair for anywhere from five to twelve hours a day. When I finally felt like getting out of bed, he sat on the floor and played games with me for an hour. Then we spent twenty minutes trying to throw a badly made paper airplane into each other's belly buttons. We were hilariously unsuccessful and I laughed so hard I couldn't stand up anymore.

By the time I had to leave for class, I actually felt like I could handle the day. He kissed me at least ten times before I walked out the door.

I'm so lucky to have him.
October 17th, 2014 at 09:53pm