How I Celebrated Becoming 21 and What I Learned

So...I turned 21 on the 15th(a Wednesday), but my bestie A was coming up for this weekend(the 18th and 19th) and she was bringing a "surprise person". Turns out it was our friend C who I hadn't seen in at least 5 years! So exciting!

Well...A knew how I felt about drinking. I'm okay with it, but I personally don't like ever drink and I didn't plan to ever get drunk. However, I knew as soon as we started talking about plans that night, that they had other ideas. Which included getting me drunk.

Ha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

No.

Let's make this short. I had five shots, one mixed drink, and half of my A's drink. I drank more water than I did alcohol. The first bartender was really cute and super nice and helpful about me finding out what I wanted to drink and what do/not to do when drinking. My first shot was a Fireball. Then, the bartender gave me a free Birthday Cake shot. With those and my A's Malibu/7 Up, I was already feeling weird. Like my head had cotton in it and I was off on my muscle coordination. When we got to the sports bar, I immediately started downing water while slurping at my Fuzzy Navel. Like I probably had close to 70oz of water; the glasses were huge. I was NOT getting drunk or getting drunk. I refused.

At this point my friends C and A were like, "yo, you need more to drink." and my college friend K who came around was just like "whatevs" and drank about the same as me while C and A were just downing their drinks.

By the time we got to the third bar, I was getting tired and it wasn't even midnight. It was crowded, too many people. The bartender made me a Blowjob shot and I had no idea what was going until I went to grab for it and he told me he wasn't done. Then, he put some whip cream on it and said, "the shot's free if you drink it without your hands."

Me:
Image

I ended up succeeding. Another bartender talked me into agreeing to a round of water moccasins. But he "accidently" made extra so we had another round. That was it. I was done. It went pretty fast to my head and I didn't like it. I didn't like this feeling of not even being really tipsy, but I didn't want to get anymore intoxicated.

When we went to the dance club, the final destination, I was no longer in the mood to drink. C and A went and got some more while K and sat bummed that no one was really dancing at this "dance" club, though I'm pretty sure we came before the prime time. Oh, well.

So I came to the conclusion after I experiencing the whole bar nightlife experience that it is not for me. I'm kind bummed, thought I would be more normal of a college student for once and maybe get drunk or at least "WOO!", but nope. I couldn't drink enough to get drunk because I just couldn't get into it. C and A ended up drunk, but not terrible. C was pretty bad because she was on blood thinners so I got a laugh from her on the way home.

I kinda disappointed C and A because I know they really thought I was going to get drunk. And when I didn't and didn't participate as fully as they wanted, A got a little upset and I got upset that they were like "relax! You can trust us!" and I couldn't. I couldn't do it and like I said, A was kinda upset with it.

But we got over it. They left on a good note with lots of hugs and stuff. No biggie.
Plus, my mom was mad I went "drinking" at bars. Like, okay. I'm 21 and I didn't get drunk. Wow. Amazing. Mom, seriously. Calm your tits

So yeah. I'm not made for the drinking socializing life. Like I'll be okay with a drink here and there, but bar life isn't for me.

I'll have a shot of Fireball. Alone. In my room. With my panda bear.
Image

Later loves.
October 20th, 2014 at 02:39am