Feminism Today

Here and lately I have decided to once again become a “feminist,” I will use that word lightly, so maybe I’m more of an equalist. I will let you know this is my first blog and I will attempt to make it as formal and classy as I can.

In our day and time, many shudder when they the word “feminist.” And I don’t blame those people. It has changed to be nearly unrecognizable. What we need is feminism like there was back in the 1920s, it was admirable and classy. Do the radical feminists of today think they are going to get what they want with what they’re doing now? I believe it to be of most importance that the similar thinking of those times be used in feminism today. There is no question in my mind as to why they are so hated.

We defiantly still need feminism today. Today in many jobs women are not getting paid the as men doing the exact same job, rape victims are being told they were “asking for it,” and women are being seen as objects, nothing new right? But I want to recognize as well those in other countries that can’t leave there own home without a male escort, who’s witness is half that of a men’s, and is even beaten for being raped.

That’s why I’m a feminist now, not so I can have an abortion paid for by tax dollars (just for the record I’m pro-life ), or free birth control, but so that I can help other women who are less fortunate than myself.

Thank you so much for reading! Please comment I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
October 20th, 2014 at 04:49am