Dear Casey, Letters to the Dog I Lost (2)

Dear Casey,

Today was weird. I called in sick because I hurt my back, you weren't there to check on me, I guess that's something else I have to get used to. Because I was home alone all day I kept inadvertently looking for you in your normal places, the landing of the stairs, your bed in our room, mom and dads bed, the brown rug in the bathroom, your cage. Needless to say, you weren't there and each time I realized I was subconsciously looking for you and not finding you it made the day suck more. But I didn't cry pretty aren't you proud of me?

Chidget figured it out today, I know because she was clingyer than usual, which is saying a lot I know because who knew it could get worse. But it did, whenever I would get up she would follow me and if I got out of sight she would cry. I think mom noticed too, she won't say she misses you but she called Chidget up on the couch today, I know what your thinking casum, I was looking for the flying pigs too and I'm sure hell must've froze over.

Little victories though we made it a whole day with no tears. I even told the chiropractor how I hurt my back lifting you (I don't mind I promise and I'm not blaming you, but it's the truth) he offered condolences and I didn't shed a tear, I'm getting better at this.

Well come on pretty girl lets go to bed, I love you
October 21st, 2014 at 03:27am