Halloween Survey (+ Axel de Fersen)

Hello, all! HAPPY MIBBAWEEN! This is really the best time of the year. all the pumpkin produce . . . It's really just spectacular. I just love the smell of fall in general. Add old Halloween deco musk and cranberry or pumpkin spice candles and I'm a happy girl. Also, I finally made a blog layout for my Mibbaween costume (the lovely Queen Marie Antoinette), so I wanted ot honor my hard work by letting us all appreciate my beau, Swedish Count Axel Fersen the bae:
Image


I honestly was in love with this guy (still am) when I was like 8-9. He's the most lovely thing ever. I've been dying to write a story based in 17th century/rev era France and I've seriously considered for a very long time writing a legit fan-fiction about this perfect thing. Else, I'd just make a character a lot like him, so either way I can cry about the fact that he's like way dead by now.

Anyway, thanks to Fae for nominating me to do this survey. Sorry I took so long! I was trying to finish a blog layout before, and I just didn't have the time. Without further ado, here we go:

HALLOWEEN SURVEY
Image

Do you like to dress up for Halloween? That’s an understatement. I’m obsessed. It's an art form.
What were you last year for Halloween? Unfortunately, I ran out of time last year and I was a basic Halloween girl (purple witch tights, orange and black tutu, pumpkin light up necklace.) Still cute, though.
What are you going to be this year? Skeleton (never done this before!). I’m still slightly undecided, however, so change is a possibility. I thought about making another Marie Antoinette costume, but I just don’t have the time this month and my sewing machine is being moody.
How do you spend your Halloween? I tend to trick or treat or give out candy, depending on how I feel that day. I love to put on music and really get it going no matter what!
Do you still go trick or treating? Sometimes, but I’ve always looked older than my age and I’ve gotten judgy looks and been turned away as young as 11 because they thought I was too old. Rude much?? I still trick or treat despite this because I’m too punk to quit because of such clownery.
Are you or are you not going trick or treating this year? Probably, dunno. Depends on if we can get the instrumentals from the Haunted Mansion. If we can, I’m giving candy out so I can listen to it.
Did or do you pull Halloween pranks? Why waste my time ruining peoples nights when I can be enjoying Halloween?
Do you decorate your home for Halloween? We used to go all out: realistic bats, talking skulls in the hallway, cauldrons and general autumn décor to give an idea. Don’t have much time anymore, but I like to decorate my garage for the trick or treaters. Oh and you can’t forget the window ghosts!
Do you watch scary movies on Halloween? Not really, I prefer The Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus. Scary movies are kinda boring and pointless. (I fell asleep during Insidious. That was such a drag of a movie.)
Do you know how to work with prosthetics? Sure do! I can teach you if you’d like.
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Forever and always.
Do you watch scary movies during the month of October? If I have time. See 3 questions above. It’s not a priority to me, but I like a little Halloween spirit here and there (despite the abundance of spirit I already have.)
Are you superstitious? Not really. If I was, I wouldn’t have owned a total of 13 black cats in my 16 years.
Do you believe in ghosts? I’d be an idiot not to with all the odd things that have happened to me. It’s also part of my religion.
Do you believe in witch craft? I’m a Wiccan, so you tell me.
How about black magic? See above.
Do you own a cauldron? I own three.
Do you know where Halloween originated? Sure do! Again, I’m kinda required to know.
Do you believe in curses/jinxes? To an extent, I don’t like the concept of them so I never go out of my way to cause them (though I know the basics on how) so it’s hard for me to say as I’ve never really tried it out myself.
Do you carve pumpkins? I haven’t the past few years, but I like to carve pumpkins, especially to get the seeds for snackies! You’ve never lived until you’ve had my snackie pumpkin seeds. I just bought two punk'ins today.
Do you have any expensive Halloween props; if so, what are they? I have a full size skeleton in my room that I only break out into the rest of the world sparingly. I had to take him back inside when kids were being to touchy and it made me antsy that my precious skeleton would be broken somehow. My pumpkin lights are also pretty cool.

Image Image Image Image Image


PICK ONE

Haunted Houses or Cemeteries? Cemeteries. They’re so beautiful and melancholic. If we're talking REAL haunted houses, I tend to gravitate towards them unknowingly whenever I move so haunted houses are an all year 'round thing for me.
Ghosts or Goblins? Ghosts. There is something so elegant about ghosts. Unless we’re talking the little cartoony ones which win every day because they are so gosh-darned cute!
Zombies or Vampires? Vampires only because they can be sexy. Zombies just smell, straight up, man.
Witches or Hags? Witches, considering that I technically am one, just not like the story books. Hags are pointless ok.
Werewolves or Frankenstein? Frankenstein is rad.
Black Cats or Bats? Let me reiterate. 13 BLACK CATS .
Trick or Treat? Treats! I have a medical condition that restricts me from too much sugar, but UGH I love Halloween candy!
Painting Pumpkins or Carving Pumpkins? Carving, still love me some pumpkin seed snackies.
Candy Corn or Candy Apples? Candy corn because candy apples are so messy to eat!
Apple Cider or Pumpkin Spice? Pumpkin spice, at this point. They’re pretty even, but I’ve been on a pumpkin spice kick lately . . .More than usual, I guess.

Image Image Image Image Image


BEST/FAVORITES AND LEAST FAVORITE/WORSTS

Favorite candy: Heath bars.
Least favorite candy: Twizzlers. Especially the black ones yuckyyuckyyucky
Best costume you ever wore: My first Marie Antoinette costume.
Worst Halloween costume you ever had: uh, none tbh. Halloween is my thing and I refuse to be off point.
Favorite Halloween song: Anything from the Haunted Mansion or the Nightmare Before Christmas. Aside from that. Nightmare on My Street by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff.
Least favorite Halloween song: WEREWOLVES IN LONDON OMG IM SO DONE
Best Halloween Party you've ever been to: Any that I’ve hosted, tbh. All the others have sucked.
Worst Halloween Party you've ever been to: All the others.
Favorite Halloween movie: The Nightmare Before Christmas!
Least favorite Halloween movie: Halloweentown. I guess it’s always been just a bit boring to me. Not bad, just not spectacular. I know that's a pretty unpopular opinion, but...
Image


Image Image Image Image Image


HAVE YOU EVER

Have you ever dressed up as the opposite sex? Once.
Have you ever thrown a Halloween party? All day.
Have you ever bobbed for apples? Sure have, hate it every time, though.
Have you ever won a Halloween costume contest? Several, tbh.
Have you ever been to a haunted house? Yeah.
Have you ever been to a graveyard on Halloween? Of course I have. I’m literally always at graveyards. I’m THAT Wiccan girl.
Have you ever been to an amusement park's Halloween event? I went to a carnival, and I’ve always wanted to go to the special they have at Cedar Point.
Have you ever done a seance on Halloween? Seances are mockery if done incorrectly. They should only be sparingly. All Hallow’s Eve is most effective, but no, I’ve never bothered. I have enough connections through myself alone.
Have you ever played with an Ouija board? No and if anyone answers yes, I will personally come hurt you, no joke, you are such a careless person and you have no idea what you are doing.
Have you ever had your candy stolen from you? The”Dad tax”.
Have you ever stolen anyone's candy? I always ask!
Have you ever won a pumpkin carving contest? Nah, never competed.

Image Image Image Image Image


THE GREAT PUMPKIN!

What are you doing this year for Halloween? Not exactly sure. I’m looking into buying new décor and spicing up the house, but no parties or anything. Maybe I’ll go to one. I just don’t care much to waste Halloween with drunken high school boys who don’t leave me alone . . . Unless, of course, It's Axel de Fersen.
Image


Okay. I'm done.

Not.

Image


Okay, I mean it this time. I nominate anyone who reads this, but especially my fellow Jamie Dornan fans tbh.
October 21st, 2014 at 07:01am