I Should Quit My Job

I need to quit my job. Things have just been getting too crazy there. My managers are paranoid now that everyone is stealing because we had one ex-employee who stole like a wild woman for months without being detected, so now we have to be given back checks, place stickers on everything brought in or bought at the store, can only use one cash register for employee purchases, etc. We have like 16 cameras and they STILL end up suspicious of US whenever something goes missing....we're a high volume store!! We have at least 1,000 customers a day! Why always blame the employees?

Not to mention, I've told them I cannot work after 8 at night. I was originally hired to work 10-8 three days a week. Now they have me working the night shift a lot, not even in my original department, 5 days a week for 40 hours. I have multiple problems with this, one being that I am a full-time college student and I need to get my shit done which I can't when they're scheduling me at mad hours. Secondly, I share a car with my parents who get up at 4 in the morning. I can't expect them to come and pick me up at 11 o' clock and then get up at 4 the next morning. Last time I said this to them, they said "Well if your parents want you to have a job they'll work with you."

Excuse me??? No?

They have FULL-TIME, WELL PAYING JOBS THAT PAY THE BILLS. WHY WOULD THEY CHOOSE MY MINIMUM WAGE JOB OVER THEIRS? They don't like picking me up anyways and whenever they put me for night shift I get a bunch of shit at home from them.

My bosses are horrible. We had a staff change a month ago and shit has just hit the fan. They're just nasty. They talk about employees to other employees. They just sit in the office all day but will yell at you if you don't have your 1,000 jobs done because they don't talk to each other to find out what you've already been assigned. Yesterday I got yelled at because one manager told me to face the store while the other manager told me to finish stocking. I tried to do both and got yelled at by both because it took so long to stock and I didn't have much time left to straighten. When I told them what had happened they just didn't say anything and reminded me that I needed to get my shit together.

My anxiety and severe depression is taking over and I stopped eating again. I need to quit. Mom says I need to just stick it out until I find something else because I need a car. How the fuck am I supposed to find something else? I don't get a day off now. I barely get sleep.

I don't know what to do. I just don't. I don't know if I should stay or go.

Image
October 22nd, 2014 at 12:25pm