Opinions Are Needed + Mibbaween

My midterm for my creative writing class is to write a story about anything I want. I've had an idea in my mind for weeks, but I don't know if I should write about it for this class. Here's the plot (ending will be spoiled. I have to put it on turnitin.com anyway so it won't be on Mibba for at least 5 months).

Hans von Schleiden is a Nazi and Rosa Schwab is a Jew. Hans sneaks her out of the camp and they run to the forest together. Hans talks to her, and he's made out to be a good Nazi. At the end, you find out that it's all a plan to kill Rosa. Hans lets her run off but after she's a few meters away, he calls her name. When she turns around, he kills her. The last line of the story will be something along the lines of, "The final solution was in action". It's never said that Hans is a Nazi and Rosa is a prisoner. I'm writing it in a way that the readers have to infer it.

This is a definitely a story that readers have to remember their English teachers telling them that the author doesn't always agree with what they're writing about. I thought of this story because I thought it would be interesting to tell a story in an antagonist's point of view. Plus it seems perfect (for lack of a better word) since the examples we've been reading in class have happy beginnings but sad/terrifying endings.

I'm just not sure if I should write this for the midterm. I think we're reading these aloud to the class (I say think because we usually do but this is a midterm so it might change). What do you think? I'm going to ask my teacher if we're reading these aloud and that may help me decide, but your opinions will too!

As for Mibbaween, I'm taking forever. I apologize. So much has been going on and I'm stressing over college applications because I'm applying to 8 colleges and half are due November 1st. I'll get to them even if it's after Halloween! I promise!

Bye y'all!
October 23rd, 2014 at 03:49am