Nanowrimo, My Needs and Offerings

The really cool thing about the official Nanowrimo website is that they have multiple forum sections for all the different things that could possibly pop up during November or that us writers might need. The coolest thing I have found so far is that Create Space is offering two free prints for all winners - which makes me feel like I have to finish. In the past they offered 10 free prints, so with this sudden large lowering it could be the last time the do it, you know?

Anyways, there is also the artisan forum area. Mainly people offer covers, but they also offer banners and character sketches. I contacted one girl about sketch requests, because I thought hers were really cool. She's actually good, you know? And I'm not knocking people who have confidence in their work, because that's the best thing to have; there's just a lot of people that seem cocky, at least to me, or are using this as a way to practice. Which, practice is also cool, but because I'd feel bad not using sketches, I don't feel right requesting from someone looking to practice.

What I'm getting at is
That I still need a cover. I made my own forum, asking if anyone was still taking requests or is looking to play around with making covers for practice and got no replies. Which is really lame because I've seen other people do it and get loads of replies. I can't find an artist that fits what I'm looking for, so I took the easy route and have still gotten nothing.

Do any of you make covers?
I want one for my Nanowrimo page that has the title, subtitle, and my name. Something that I could print - if the images are your own, stock, or you've gotten permission to use them - you could forward all permissions to my email and I would give you creative liberty so long as it matches the overall look of my story page. What I'm looking for is something realistic. Not too minimalist with loads of white or black (i.e. Twilight) or overly edited or bright (i.e. Pretty Little Liars,) but something more like Nicole Krauss' The History of Love or like the fancy eye-catching covers that belong to amazing YA novels that you'd find at your local library. I really love the idea of dual fonts - calligraphy main title + plain subtitle and authors name. On my Pinterest I even have a board that has textures and fonts.

Offerings.
There's also a Marketing, Self Promotion, and Stuff For Sale forum section. Which is great, I mean, people are getting their work out there and making sales. Me, on the other hand, I'm not. It's like all of October in particular has sucked. Thank you, Mercury retrograde. I made my own forum post about how I'm a tarot reader and offering very cheap services for those interested in the tarot method that don't own cards or read them.

Nothing.

Not a one.

If any of you know anyone looking to pay for something like this, please point them in my direction because I'm losing my mind.

But anyways,
I really just need a cover. If I can't get the money I need for my project now, then I'll just have to put it off, which is not necessarily fine, but I won't die.
October 24th, 2014 at 10:31pm