My New Car!

So I've been a busy little bee lately! My man kept texting me on my day off to tell me about getting a new car. Now we had a decent car we've been paying on for over a year already. Well it was the most decent we'd had up til that point. It was a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT. I liked the car but it was going to need some work before long.

There were issues with the breaks, fuel pump and the windows messed up and wouldn't roll down right. I'd been having to be one of those drivers who open their door through drive thrus and ordering at Sonic was difficult lol. My horn didn't work. I need a horn for all the deer and animals I pass on this country road. The car had problems and we didn't like driving it to concerts or on vacation really.

Anyway, for that car we were paying $176 every two weeks. Well my man was at a car dealership getting his work vehicle worked on and this lady got to talking to him. Turns out that our payment every two weeks for a new car would just be $200. So that's like $14 dollars more a payment on something BRAND NEW. Of course we'll be paying a lot longer but it turned out to be a great deal. The car lot paid off the remaning 4,000 we owed on our Pontiac. So the final cost of my new car is like 24,000. That's a lot of money and like six years to pay off but for five years, the car has great warranties. If most anything goes wrong, it gets fixed.

It's very dependable and will only improve our credit even more. Which is another thing. Somehow, me and my husband have credit! My whole life I've been stacking up doctor bills or unpaid bills so I figured I'd have zilch on credit. But when I went to get an Iphone over a year ago, they checked my credit and I only had to pay $1 for my phone. Usually even with a two year contract they could charge $75-$300 deposit for the phone itself.

So that was surprising. Then at the car lot, they showed us our credit score and it was a 745!!!! I was like.....wutt? The highest credit score a person can get is 850. So imagine how I was feeling. Pretty fucking shocked in a good way. I guess making payments on the Pontiac for so long built up our credit. We never missed or was late with a payment. Also, we made payments on a lap top through rent a center for over a year and until it was paid off.

I'm not trying to sound like some bragging money bags here. My whole life my family wasn't rich or well off financially. I shopped at Goodwill for clothes and if I got an outfit at Wal-Mart growing up, that was like luxury. I've taken many trips to Coin Star with bags of change to buy food. I've struggled with broken down piece of shit cars up until now. It took until I'm 28 years old to get to a point where I'm financially okay.

I still can't afford to buy my own house but can afford a decent car, insurance for it and insurance for my man and myself. I can occasionally shop at the mall for things I want and buying food isn't even an issue now. But these things didn't fall into my lap. I've worked at the same job for six years. A fast food job at that. But it was a job. Maybe it didn't pay the most but it helped get me to where I am. My husband has a great job too and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have nearly as much.

I'm very blessed and thankful. It still doesn't seem real that I have a 2014 year car. I'm almost afraid to drive, breathe or eat in it lol. The windows work! No more feeling like a fool in the drive through. My horn works! The breaks stop perfectly. The car starts right up. The air conditioner actually makes me cold. Ugh I am just so fucking greatful and happy. It's a Dodge Dart by the way. Here are some pics of it. Glad it's black too because if you know me, I need everything in the color black.

Image

Image

Image
October 25th, 2014 at 04:11pm