Even More of a Reason to Not Bother With Church?

So a few weeks ago before my dad had to leave again, me, him and my mom were talking about politics, religion and such. I won't get into details, but the talk went from eleven to two thirty in the morning. It was an interesting talk and made me want to kind of give religion a try.

I was not going to go to church because it takes too long, but my mom goes to bible study so I figured when Wednesday came around she would ask me and I would say yes. Well she never did go and she didn't ask me to go to church the following Sunday either.

Last Sunday she went again and didn't ask me and when she came back, she was on the phone from that day and even until now still going on about what happened.

Apparently she had told the pastor ahead of time that she was not going to be around much because she had a lot to do. She was somewhat involved with the church being an usher and something else. So she didn't go to bible study the week of the I think twelfth and I think last Sunday she didn't go to church so she probably went to show a house. She's a real estate agent.

So that day when she got back she was on the phone calling anyone who would listen about what happened. That morning before she left she sent the pastor an email saying that she signed from her duties.

She said that when she went to bible study last week the pastor was saying how people have no integrity and don't care about church and my mom took it personally because she was telling people how she told him ahead of time that she could not be around all the time because she had other things going on.

I'm sure he meant her and maybe other people, but I guess my mom took it the way she did because she was not there and when she came back he started saying that.

Either way though I think he was rude. I mean you have twenty four seven church goers and then you have religious people who go to church but also have other things to do like work and such. Not everyone can be devoted to a church around the clock.

I've only been with my mom to this church twice and with the second visit I already knew I didn't like him. It was a small thing but a boy was in a room with the other kids and when it was coming towards the end of the bible study hour, the boy came out and tried to walk back to his seat and the pastor told him to stop moving because he was talking. and the boy just stood there while the pastor talked and when he was finished the boy went to his seat.

I think that was freaking stupid. You couldn't even hear him walking and he wasn't bothering anyone so I don't know why he has such a problem with it.

But before this recent situation, my mom had always complained about him anyways and gossiped to people she called what the other people were saying.

Maybe one day I'll try to dip my feet into church waters but in the meantime I am kind of glad my mom isn't going because now she won't preach to me about how I need to go.

When she and my dad were talking to me about knowing god, all I really got from what they were saying was that if you go to church, good things will happen. And because of that I feel like I would be going out of spite or personal gain. Like okay I went to church today so something good should happen to me right now.

But I mean that was the point they were driving home. That good things happen when you go.
October 25th, 2014 at 04:54pm