NaNo and Tumblr Questionnaire

Hey! So first of all, what's up mibbs? How are ya'll doing? School started and a disappeared for a couple months. I hope to be back because it's NaNoWriMo next month and I'm going to actually try and complete a novel. Considering I usually give up on pieces after about three chapters, this is going to be quite the challenge. But I have a plan for this one, it's going to be Bret Easten Ellis-esque, so all dark and twisty and hopefully awesome. I plan on playing Vampire Weekend and Passion Pit the whole time because I feel like that's the kind of atmosphere I want, does that make any sense?

Question? Do you listen to music while you write? Follow up question: does the music you listen to change depending on the piece you're working on?

I found this questionnaire on tumblr (source: filthybloodmoney) and thought I'd bring it to mibbs, so of course feel free to do it too. Just know I didn't come up with these questions. (Note: some of the numbers are off because I deleted a couple questions I thought were a bit tmi)

1:Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?

Always closed. Closets freak me out, especially my one at home because my house is so old and slightly haunted (we think anyway). But unfortunately at school I can't cause my closet doesn't have a door :/ It's okay, it's closer to my roommate anyway, the demons will eat her first and I'll have time to get out.

2:Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?

Always. In fact, my dad's boyfriend used to work at a hotel and I've made a habit of finding the cleaning lady's cart and stealing extra shampoos/conditioners while she's inside cleaning one of the room's. No shame.

3:Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?

I sleep with my sheets all over the place, I move around constantly so the sheets just kind of do their one thing.

4:Have you ever stolen a street sign before?

Yep, when I was in middle school my friend and I stole a street sign and put it in the mailbox of this kid we didn't like. I know, that's wrong, if it helps though we didn't like the kid because he was a huge bully. Also, we were obsessed with putting objects in the mailboxes of people we knew at the time. We put a barbie doll head in my mom's mailbox around the same time, it was worth it for her reaction.

5:Do you like to use post-it notes?

Yes, I'm obsessed with post-it notes.

6:Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?

I never cut coupons, I know I'll never use them so I don't even bother.

7:Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?

A big bear all the way. But that's because I'm delusional and like to think I could make friends with the bear.

8:Do you have freckles?

Yes.

9:Do you always smile for pictures?

Nope, as Corbett (my dad's boyfriend) points out all the time, I always end up doing the duck face. It's a bad habit, I know.

10:What is your biggest pet peeve?

When you're walking somewhere and the person in front of you just stops all of a sudden to talk to their friends. Or when groups of people stand in the middle of where people are trying to walk to talk to each other. Or when the person in front of me is walking too slowly. Basically, I don't like being slowed down.

11:Do you ever count your steps when you walk?

No, because if I were to start I would never stop, I get obsessive with things like that.

12:Have you ever peed in the woods?

Hahaha Yes.... both while camping and multiple times while drunk my freshmen year of college

13:What about pooped in the woods?

I'm proud to say I have not. Though I did poop in a lake when I was like eight.

14:Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing?

All the time.

15:Do you chew your pens and pencils?

Yep.

16:How many people have you slept with this week?

None.

17:What size is your bed?

Right now my one at school is that awkward University bed size that you only see in dorm rooms. At my dads it is a queen I believe, and at my mom's it's a single.

18:What is your Song of the week?

You know, I usually have one but I don't really this week. Maybe "Life on Mars" because of AHS, but that was more last week.

19:Is it okay for guys to wear pink?

Of course, it's okay for anyone to wear whatever they want.

20:Do you still watch cartoons?

Not many, besides "Adventure Time" "South Park" and "Family Guy". Although I do sometimes watch old Nickolodian and Cartoon Network cartoons.

21:Whats your least favorite movie?

This is a really hard one. I don't usually flat out hate a movie. I can't really even think of a movie I didn't like at all off the top of my head. Maybe, for lack of a better answer, "Adventureland" because I don't have the fondest feelings towards it.

22:Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?

Under my porch at my moms probably.

24:What do you dip a chicken nugget in?

Sweet and sour sauce. Maybe barbeque, ketchup if there's nothing else, but if I had a choice sweet and sour sauce.

25:What is your favorite food?

Broccoli and cheese casserole, it may not sound very good but I promise you it's amazing.

26:What movies could you watch over and over and still love?

Oh boy... way too many to name. To name a few, "Pretty in Pink", "The Breakfast Club", "St. Elmo's Fire", "Interview with the Vampire", "Rebel Without a Cause", "East of Eden", "The Outsiders", "Streetcar Named Desire", "Rent", "Sex, Lies, and Videotape" "Grease", "Grease 2", "The Pickup Artist" and at least thirty more.

27:Last person you kissed/kissed you?

Some random guy I met after drinking two four lokos a couple of weeks ago. I found out after that he kept farting all night and was just genuinely really creepy. Great, drunk Kayla strikes again.

28:Were you ever a boy/girl scout?

I had a short stint as a Brownie, which is basically a girl scout in training I think. I never ended up doing the girl scout thing though.

29:Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?

If I got down to the weight I want to be, then yes I would consider that.

30:When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?

Maybe my senior year of high school to my friend Michaela? I'm not sure though.

31:Can you change the oil on a car?

Ha! No.

32:Ever gotten a speeding ticket?

Not yet, which is good because I only have my permit.

33:Ever ran out of gas?

Nope, don't have a car.

34:Favorite kind of sandwich?

A BLT with mayo on an everything bagel, it's literally the closest I've come to heaven.

35:Best thing to eat for breakfast?

Check above, though that's more of a lunch thing. Probably eggs with hashbrowns.

36:What is your usual bedtime?

Really late. Usually I'd say about 1:00 in the morning.

37:Are you lazy?

Incredibly.

38:When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?

It changed every year. Strangely the earliest I can remember is being Paris Hilton for Halloween in middle school. I think I was a pumpkin the year my mom was in the hospital with my brother-so I was like three and a half.

39:What is your Chinese astrological sign?

The rooster.

41:Do you have any magazine subscriptions?

Nope.

42:Which are better legos or lincoln logs?

Strangely enough I like the smell of lincoln logs (I swear they have a smell), but I'm gonna go with legos.

43:Are you stubborn?

Hell yeah.

44:Who is better...Leno or Letterman?

I don't really watch much of either, but I guess I'll go with Letterman.

45:Ever watch soap operas?

Of course, I was practically raised on "Days Of Our Lives" and "Passions". In fact, I'm night after Kayla from "Days of Our Lives" and my mom was watching it right before she went into labor.

46:Are you afraid of heights?

Deathly. And bridges.

47:Do you sing in the car?

Hell yeah.

48:Do you sing in the shower?

When I'm at home or my roommates are out of the apartment.

49:Do you dance in the car?

As much as I can with the limited amount of space.

50:Ever used a gun?

Once at summer camp, but I'm completely anti-gun so hopefully I never will again.

51:Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?

Right before my senior year of high school, for my senior portrait.

52:Do you think musicals are cheesy?

No! I fucking live musicals!

53:Is Christmas stressful?

No, it's fantastic. But I will probably change my opinion on that when I'm older and have kids and stuff.

54:Ever eat a pierogi?

But of course, my mommy makes them all the time. There so good because you can put different stuff mixed with them every time you make them, so they're never exactly the same.

55:Favorite type of fruit pie?

Probably blueberry.

56:Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?

Actress or a singer, and I still haven't grown out of wanting to be an actress.

57:Do you believe in ghosts?

Of course.

58:Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?

At least once a month.

59:Take a vitamin daily?

Not daily, because I forget all the time, but occasionally I take vitamins for my hair, skin, and nails.

60:Wear slippers?

No.

61:Wear a bath robe?

I used to my first two year of college because I had to leave my room to go to the shower, but not anymore.

62:What do you wear to bed?

Yoga pants, sweat pants, shorts and some kind of shirt.

63:First concert?

Nsync, it was my sisters first date when she was in middle school with the man she is now married to. My mom made her go with us.

64:Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?

Target.

65:Nike or Adidas?

Neither.

66:Cheetos Or Fritos?

Cheetos.

67:Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?

Neither. Both of them make me sick.

68:Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?

Nope.

69:Ever take dance lessons?

Yes.

70:Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?

In my ideal world either some kind of performer or a doctor.

71:Can you curl your tongue?

Yes.

72:Ever won a spelling bee?

No, I suck at spelling. I'm so glad autocorrect and spell check were invented.

73:Have you ever cried because you were so happy?

No.

74:Own any record albums?

No, but my dad does! He owns a record of the original "Rocky Horror Picture Show" I'm so jealous.

75:Own a record player?

No, but my dad does. lol

76:Regularly burn incense?

Yes, but I haven't in two months because I left my incense and incense burner at home. After this weekend though!

77:Ever been in love?

Not with anyone who ever knew I existed.

78:Who would you like to see in concert?

Green Day, Panic! At the Disco. Nirvana if Kurt Cobain was still alive. The Beatles if they were still together and John and George were still alive. And My Chemical Romance if they were still together.

79:What was the last concert you saw?

One Direction and 5SOS.

80:Hot tea or cold tea?

Hot tea.

81:Tea or coffee?

Coffee.

82:Sugar or snickerdoodles?

Sugar.

83:Can you swim well?

Yes.

84:Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?

Yes.

85:Are you patient?

It depends on what kind of mood I'm in and whether or not I've taken my anxiety medicine.

86:DJ or band, at a wedding?

DJ, most likely.

87:Ever won a contest?

Yes.

88:Ever have plastic surgery?

No, but I was a few things done when I have the money someday.

89:Which are better black or green olives?

No olives for me, thank you.

90:Can you knit or crochet?

No.

91:Best room for a fireplace?

Living room.

92:Do you want to get married?

Yes I do, one day!

93:If married, how long have you been married?

Not married.

94:Who was your HS crush?

This kid called Adam on my bus.

95:Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?

Sometimes.....

96:Do you have kids?

Hell no, I'm way too young for that shit lol

97:Do you want kids?

Someday.

98:Whats your favorite color?

Red or black.

99:Do you miss anyone right now?

Yes, my family, my friends back home, my pets, my houses, my neighborhood, my town, Marlon Brando.
October 27th, 2014 at 02:41am