Ridiculous

A small piece of advice to anyone who decides to read this: If someone lent you money, pay them back.

It's as simple as that, honestly.
Yet, some people don't understand that concept. My boyfriend was in a band, and they took out a loan for their bus that got them across the US (I'm Canadian). Anyway, it was agreed upon by all 5 members that they would pay monthly towards the loan until it was all completely paid.
(Even though said band is no longer a band, they still pay it monthly.)

Fair enough, right?

Well, recently one of the 5 members decided to get into the "rave scene" and blow every cent he had on drugs. He eventually lost his job, but his gross activities didn't stop. He still continued to overly party, abuse drugs and no matter what any of us would say or do to try to help, he blew it off. He didn't want our help because "he likes who he is on drugs".
We wondered how he kept getting the money to keep with his activities, because at this point, he was literally out of a job for over 6 months.

Recently, my boyfriend decided to go into the band account because he needed old information....

Now this is where it gets good....

When he went to see, he had found out that the band had been making money off royalties, this money racked up to being around 2,300$, that money should have went towards paying off the bus loan ( which is under my boyfriends name) but instead, all that money was transferred to that members personal bank account, and he had been making transactions from it weekly.
Now, everyone was absolutely pissed the hell off with that one member because they could have gotten a chunk of that loan paid off with that money. When they confronted him, he had nothing to say for himself other than he took the money, kept it hidden from everyone and spent it all on himself.
Pretty fucked up, right?

No one is really on speaking terms with him right now, but he hasn't been paying his share of the loan because he has no money. Yet, I still see pictures of him on Facebook, partying it up. Doesn't that take money? hmm..

So now my boyfriend doesn't want to confront him about paying back the 2,300 he took, or his monthly loan, and he's taking out of his own savings to pay this off because he wants it off his head,because he knows that member won't be able to pay him back. I don't think it's fair in any way, and it burns me to the core to know that that one member is going to get away with fucking everyone over.

:(
October 27th, 2014 at 08:32pm