Oozing Eyeballs: Tipsy Returns

The second Oozing Eyeball for this scare-tastic season has arrived and it's centered around the ever so lovely Tipsy Returns who surrounds herself with a cloak of mystery because all i really know is that her first name starts with an S and that her last name is Singh and that she can be found somewhere in India. Her about me section simply states: Coolest person on earth :P and there is not a single photo graph of her anywhere...

I can't be a liar here and say that i know her well and that we are the greatest of friends on this site. In fact...i came across her writing because of my Mibbaween bowl and from there i mosied across to her page where i found her one and only story available for reading entitled:
It Was A Transparent World: The story of a girl blessed with a divine power - who dies because of her curse, only to find out that her journey hasn't ended yet.
I believe this particular work has reached its 20th chapter

I've started reading it....honestly i don't have much time these days what with life and work and breakups and all that other all consuming garbage...but what i've read so far is intriguing....the first few chapters are very short which makes it easy to read for someone on the go and certainly makes you want to go on because the chapters are so very short in the beginning.

Her writing style is different...from most other stories that i've come across on this site. While some may think that her abrupt somewhat choppy sentances take away from character depth and emotion, i think it contributes to the general flow of the story...everything is dismembered and really and truly quite all over the place but this only adds to the charm of the story rather than take away from it. I don't think i've really come across a paragraph that is more than two lines long yet but still...it really is different and i like it. Sometimes choppy works in writing and based on what this author seems to be portraying, it works for the general theme and tone of the story itself.

Check out her work...decide for yourself if the choppy works for you or not.
It Was A Transparent World by the lovely Tipsy Returns.

Cheers Guys!
Purple89//Pree
October 29th, 2014 at 04:49pm