Classic Lolcats (And the Pointless Tangent That Leads to It) | Candy Bowl Still Open

My candy bowl is still a-go! I'm all caught up!

So, I am a GENIUS and last night I decided it would be a good idea to "organize" my stupid Photobucket account. (That's sarcasm, by the way. I'm a moron. You'll find out why if you don't already know it.)

Apparently, if you move your pictures into folders, that invalidates all of the links where you've linked the photos, and that little box that says "this photo has been moved or deleted" shows up. Sooo, as I discovered earlier today, all of my layouts here and a ton of my blogs/journals were messed up because of my heinous need to sort through the clusterfluff of images.

I scrambled through earlier and edited all of my layouts and journals in a rush before I realized that the chances of someone noticing the f**k-ups was slim-to-none. XD

Anyways, blah blah blah, there was a bunch of crap to sift through and delete off my Photobucket account, and there were images that date back to 2006 in there. 2006! Most of them were ones that I don't even have on my hard drive anymore - and another good chunk had been deleted off the computer I used to use! It was a trip down memory lane.

And speaking of 2006, or 2006-2008 in that weird little time frame, who remembers ICanHasCheezburger when it first rose to fame? Whew. Sometimes I get caught up in thinking about "the good ol' days" of the Internet before I realize technology is great and is always changing things mostly for the better. (Unless we're talking about that recent Tumblr update that screwed up everybody's graphics, but I digress!)

I don't even think Memebase was a thing when I first discovered Lolcats. Failblog was around, I think, and it was right on the cusp of that time when everyone threw the word "FAIL!" around.

Lolcats are great. I still check the Lolcats page on ICHC every morning just 'cause I like cats, and like five or six years ago I bought an actual book of classic Lolcats made by the site itself. I still have it; it's like a relic of the past.

Well, I'll shut up before spamming you with some of my favorite Lolcats of yore (and maybe some newer ones). What are your favorite Lolcats?! :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
(I don't know if that's "The Real Longcat" on the right, but I hope it is, 'cause that's just True Power right there.)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I could go all day with this. I have a folder on my frickin' laptop just dedicated to cat pictures. I'm not kitten around here.

Have an awesome day!! c: (I might doodle something tonight for Halloween and post it tomorrow, not sure yet)
October 30th, 2014 at 11:07pm