It's Halloween and I'm Stuck Studying for an Art History Test

Just like the title says, I have nothing going on today. XD I went to class as usual, and I was one of the only people dressed up...granted, my costume was lackluster (I went as a Sim and just had a headband with a Plumb-bob taped to it), but I feel like every year, less and less people my age dress up.

Probably because I'm in college. Probably also because I'm practically twelve, but I digress!

I dunno, maybe it's silly, but it kinda got me feeling a little down. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine invited me to a Halloween party she was throwing, and then a few days ago she told me that she had to cancel it, which is totally understandable. Honestly, I was going to be straight-up with her and say that I wasn't comfortable going to a party where I would literally only know one person. I think she would've understood, but now that she cancelled it, I didn't have to say it!

I always loved dressing up, too. When I still lived at home, I'd even go trick-or-treating, even when I was an older teen. Some of my costumes were horrible but sometimes I struck gold. (I went as a movie theater floor in eighth grade - I taped candy wrappers to an all-black outfit and even splattered creamed corn on it to look like puke.)

But at least there'll be discount candy at Wal-Mart tomorrow when I go grocery shopping! XD And tomorrow's practically CHRISTMAS! (And sweet baby Jesus, I love me some Christmastime!)

I wonder if anybody's sick of me cloggin' up my blogs with my doodles yet. Hopefully not, anyway. Anyway, I scribbled some crap last night as a way of brainstorming how certain characters of mine would participate in Halloween! (=^._.^=)

Image
First up are Alana and Marcus of Who Knows, Who Cares, wayyy back when, probably circa 2000-2001. Marcus was pretty close to, um...having something happen to him (I don't wanna spoil it, even though it's right in the first chapter, haha). And he'd always take Alana trick-or-treating on Halloween so their mom could stay behind and hand out candy; he'd take her to the best houses to make sure they got a ton of candy. B)

Image
And here are Oshie and Tegan of Generation Why Bother and Earth to Me when they were little kids. Oshie doesn't like strangers. Tegan is just focused on getting candy. Tegan's mom is the one who takes them around their neighborhood, while Oshie's dad stays behind and hands out candy from the back of his truck. Tegan and Oshie end up trading half of their candy with each other by the end of the night. XD

Image
This is kinda stupid. It's an I Can't Hang drawing of the main characters (who are angels) thinkin' about how they could somehow go back to Earth just to swipe some candy on Halloween. -_-

And lastly, it's nobody's favorite bus driver when small children show up at his door begging for candy.
Image
(Doug Tater from Bus.) XD

Happy Halloween, everyone!!! :D

Image
October 31st, 2014 at 07:53pm