Meet My New Puppy!

Yes, my family and I have a new addition to our ever growing animal family. About a month ago, we bought him from a well-respected pet shop around here and honestly, I think we saved his life.

He was very skinny — 17.2 lbs. definitely not an adequate weight for a puppy, especially not a German Shepherd. All of his bones were sticking out and we were afraid to be even the tiniest bit rough with him. We were instructed by the pet shop to take him to a different vet than we’re used to. The vet (an idiot, IMO) said that German Shepherds are a “lean breed”. Lean means healthy; it doesn’t mean emaciated. The dog was emaciated. He also mentioned that he has his two gentlemen (if you catch my drift), even though we were given a neuter certificate and were told that he was neutered. The tip of his tail is also broken and he also had a runny nose, which the shop tried to write off from not being cleaned off well enough. He was immediately put on antibiotics.

We took him to our usual vet about five days later, and we were stunned to learn that he gained almost 6 lbs since we got him. Our vet also confirmed that he was not neutered and that his tail might’ve been broken from someone slamming a cage door shut on his tail. She also mentioned that he might’ve come from a puppy mill, just judging by our descriptions of his condition when we bought him. She told my parents to demand compensation or payment for the neutering procedure, since we were lied to be about the dog’s condition.

Rambo is now scratching 30 lbs and is happy and healthy. he’s such a sweet, funny boy, and my family and i adore the hell out of him. (: ♥️

Image
This is the day after we brought him home. As you can tell, his nose looks dirty; it wasn't. It was because he was sick. :( He was on antibiotics for ten days, and has since recovered.

Image
Tearing up the plants.

Image
"The flowers on this thingamajig were pissing me off so I eats them."

Image
Sleepy baby.

Image
Sleeeeeepy.

Image
"I will eat your face."

Image
Idk what he was doing here, haha.

Image
He loves watching TV! It's the funniest thing ever. He's watching Sesame Street here.

I love this nerd so much. <3
October 31st, 2014 at 11:19pm