That Awkward Moment When... | Snow in October | Halloween! | College

Our midterms for creative writing were due today and we read them in front of the class. If they're really long, the teacher has us just give a summary so that's what I was doing. I was in mid-sentence when suddenly, I blanked. I stood there in complete silence for a few seconds because I actually forgot what happens in my story.

My teacher, who had edited it for me, gave me an encouraging smile since she got the hint I hate presenting. It only took a few seconds for me to get back on track but it was still embarrassing.

Oh yeah. It snowed here in Chicago on Halloween. The temperature didn't even reach 40 degrees so therefore, there were hardly any trick-or-treaters. It was cold as fuck. I couldn't walk anymore because my feet were that cold. I didn't get as much candy as I usually do, but I still got some.

My friend (who we will call J) and I just got in some teeny tiny drama with our friend C. Two weeks ago, C agreed to hang out with us on Halloween. When trying to finalize plans yesterday morning, she told me, "I'm not sure because I have R.O. stuff to do and plus it's gonna be cold". Then later she said, "Oh so-and-so asked me to hang out with her and the others". When I replied with, "So I'm guessing you're going with her?" C responded with, "I didn't say yes to either of you yet."

Today in the afternoon, she texted the group chat me, her, and J are in saying, "I can't go out with you guys today. I have too much to do for RO."

J and I went out anyway. Everything was all fine and dandy until I saw that so-and-so tagged pictures of C on Facebook labeled, "Tonight". They were all hanging out outside even though C said it would be too cold to hang out with J and I. J began to text the group chat, calling her out about it I guess you can say. I was stressing over a college application so I didn't get into it and plus, I didn't feel like arguing on Halloween night.

I didn't get into it until C said, "I did tell you guys I was hanging out with so-and-so."

I said, "Well, technically you told us you didn't say yes to either of us and then later you said, 'I can't with you guys' and never mentioned so-and-so."

Stuff went on between C and J, and then C said, "We never finalized plans. I would've remembered."

For whatever reason, I actually put time and effort to find the text messages. I took a screenshot and sent it to her. Her response was, "Fuck you guys" and I responded with, "We love you too". I was trying to make it seem like I wasn't that pissed (though, admittedly, I kind of was) and that I wanted to leave it at that. But then she sent us a loooooooooooong rant saying J and I always get butthurt when she hangs out with people who aren't us (even though we don't get butthurt because when she hangs out with them, she didn't make plans beforehand with us in the past) and "it's just not fair".

I said, "Like I said, we made plans beforehand with you. If we didn't, I could care less about what you did tonight but whatever. Good luck at your competition tomorrow. Goodnight."

And that was that.

I've lost count of the amount of times people have made plans with me but then drop them at the last minute to do things with someone else. From what J and C told me, this kind of thing hardly happens to them so C doesn't really understand how much it hurts when stuff like this happens. But oh well. She's going to be pissed at us for a while and I could really care less about it. Quite frankly, I have more important things to worry about than her attitude.

But first: My Halloween costume.

I. WAS. CARRIE.

Some of y'all wanted me to be Yoda but I couldn't find anything for his costume :( But here's my Carrie one:

LINK Y U NO WORK

It's just me wearing a crappy dress and blood dripping down my body. FUN FUN FUN!!!

Speaking of the important things I need to worry about: College!

I sent in two college applications (University of Illinois and University of Florida) and now I'm growing anxious. I always have this fear that places I apply to won't accept me. But fingers crossed! 2 down, 6 more to go!

That's it for now.

Ciao a tutti!
November 1st, 2014 at 04:48am