How to Survive Accidentally Flirting With a Customer

I don't know how many people are out there that are like me. I am the person who flirts with pretty much anyone at any given time. It just comes naturally and I can't help it. I mean I can... but I can't at the same time. I'm so bad I've actually caught myself flirting with the laundry. With. Inanimate. Objects.

Picture this, folding clothes and talking because idk, "You guys are assholes... always getting dirty. You just use me for my body. I mean, you're pretty soft." Rubs fabric against face. "And smell so good, ahh." Then oh yeah... they can't talk back.

Anyway, but if you're like me and awkward - like me - every now and then a flirt will slip. It's kind of like a silent fart except more awkward because you can't blame that on someone who just walked by. They heard it from your lips so you're just there like
Image

I mean, it's one of those once said you try to grab it and force it back in your mouth but it doesn't work. But say you have a customer which he's kind of cute and he says, "Good thing you have us, we can make your night better."

I MEAN COME ON JESUS ON A SALTINE, THAT'S A SET UP. What else can you say? I mean a thousand lines ran through my head all from innocent to jump in my bed dirty. And I went with... flirt. But if you flirt here are a few simple ways you can survive the embarrassment.

Step One: Avoid eye contact. The eyes are the windows to our souls so once eye contact is made a bridge is formed and that invites all sorts of embarrassment.

Step Two: Act like nothing was said and go to your next phrase: Will that be all for you? Total is $$$. Because if you quickly roll through it all, they will wonder was it said. If one doesn't wait for an answer, who's to say the phrase existed? No one. There's no proof. MOVE ALONG. NEXT CUSTOMER, PLEASE.

Step Three: Throw a chocolate bar at them. You're a cashier and there's shit along the register, just throw it at them. This will show them you were not into them... however you may lose your job. BUT AT LEAST THERE'S NO CONFUSION.

Step Four: Fumble over an explanation... that includes, "no I wasn't looking at your ass, I swear."
Or do what I did...
"Oh, and how would you make my night better?" Smirk while internally facepalming against the counter "I mean, you can go ahead and dance for me."

Image
Image


Needless to say he got a laugh and walked out... I like digging holes for myself to fall into. Please, Dear God, don't let him come back to my store. lmao

Image
November 1st, 2014 at 06:15am