What I've Noticed About Much of the Poetry on Here...

I don't want to comment on anyone's poetry because, for the most part, poetry is personal and is a sensitive area for critique. I do understand that Mibba is made for us to comment and help each other, but the more than 4 years I've been on here have proven this ideology to be quite debatable.

Therefore, I'm just going to say it on here, knowing that the majority of people no longer comment on blogs, unknowing of whether this means people are just readers now, timid about speaking their minds, or if the site really has slowed into such unbelievable inactivity.

Much of the poetry on here consists of cliches. I often want to comment and tell writers of this. Many people have usernames that imply they think their works are very good, if not superb. The only comments on such poetry (usually, there are no comments at all, nowadays) are full of blind admiration. I never see real criticism on here anymore. Unless someone is doing a story swap and asks for it, no one is willing to point out repetitive flaws that writers continue to make unknowingly.

Heck, I stopped commenting with paragraphs of positive and negative criticism because people would get offended and dismiss the positives I had to say and make drama out of what they didn't want to hear. Heck, I stopped commenting with paragraphs of positive and negative criticism because those who didn't say anything took my time and efforts in giving them advice on a site that was made for this for granted.

In other words, the poetry community here was always a bit lacking. I see a handful of friends post poetry every day without comments and wonder if others such as myself gave up in taking the time to give advice because they had similar experiences.
November 2nd, 2014 at 04:48pm