Dear Casey, Letters to the Dog I Lost (5)

Dear Casey,
It's been 15 days since I last pet you, actually spoke to you, or physically seen you. Fifteen days, somehow it seems like less and more all at the same time. You were a ridiculously photogenic dog, my phone lock screen and wallpaper are you and I put a picture of you in a frame each one is different and yet I keep saying it's my favorite picture of you. I don't think you took a bad picture, so I suppose every picture of you is my favorite.

Today I gave Trisha your bed, she's got a beautiful pitbull boxer mix Mona, and Mona had blankets but not a bed so i figured you wouldn't mind if I shared it with her. I was going to keep it for chidget to snuggle with when she misses you but its been a week since she's even tried to lay on it. Mona will appreciate it, I thought about giving it to Nikki for Dakota, but we both know Abigale is so stupid she would have destroyed it on him.

Taylor Swift released a new CD and if you were still here I know you would be sighing irritatedly at me at the number of times I've listened to the track "I Know Places" but regardless of that being my favorite track the lyrics from another in a way remind me of you. In her song"Clean" the bridge (which you know nothing of because lets face it your last concern was music) she has a line that says "10 months sober I must admit, just because you're clean don't mean you don't miss it" and while Taylor is talking about getting over a relationship and not drugs it does make me think of you, clearly it's not been 10 months but still even in 15 days I'm fine- not a lot of people understand how they seem to think I should be more hurt- it doesn't mean I don't miss you, it doesn't mean I don't still feel bad about not knowing you were sick earlier. It just means that I'm ok, but just because I am doesn't mean I don't miss a 13 year fixture in our home.

It's still weird without you pretty momma, it always will be
November 2nd, 2014 at 07:40pm