It's not a Fashion Statement

And is not a death wish either, so I don't know what it is...
Just a thought I guess.

I do not intend to bash anyone, so cut the flaming on me.
This is just my opinion and last time I checked I was allowed to have one!
So here goes nothing.

On Comments. - my biggest... complain, maybe? idk. Feel free to find a better word.
I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. Yeah, I know I said it 3 times. I'd say it a couple more, but I think I stated my point. I hate that no one comments what you write, and it doesn't apply just to me, but a lot of people. You have any idea how discouraging is to having no one commenting about your story? Just a few words, it doesn't have to be even a good opinion, if I suck at writing I'd like to know too. But makes me wonder, why am I even posting and/or updating stories if no one bothers in telling you anything about it? Why should I bother writing?
(in fact, one or two of my stories may get deleted for it)
But I think I found a reason why a certain type of stories don't get commented.
Which brings me to the 2nd point.

On Slash. - We all read it, we all like it, we all wanna write it. We all enjoy the thought of (usually) 2 or more boys banging each other senseless. The Fueled By Ramen crew has given us enough slash material to flood the Internet for the next 10 years, not even mentioning the constant Frerard PDAs and the other unusual pairings around. I can't even bash it cause I read it (I don't write it cause I can't! I'm slash impaired most of the time)
But the fangirl-ism surrounding these stories is... overwhelming even. Okay, maybe the word fangirl was a little too much, but hey! that would make me a slash fangirl too!
Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that only a few read any other type of stories besides slash ones. And obviously comment. Just compare the number of readers and comments of a non-slash fic with a slash one and you'll get my point.
I'm NOT saying we should stop the slash, cause I'd go into a slash withdrawal. (For real, Rydon's are part of my life now) This is just a call for you to expand your options, cause there's a whole bunch of really good fics that are being abandoned for the lack of attention. (And reading a het fic for once won't kill you)

I'll keep more rambling for later....

*waves*
September 26th, 2007 at 07:12am