Why Do I Try?

Why do I still try to write stories on here when the more I write about mass murder and less romance or something, nobody pays attention, and I'm not getting any closer to getting any of my works published, finished stories or not, I don't think even Bloody Valentine would even publish.

I can't figure out what people like or why I even try anymore because nobody cares about anything I write.

I'm just another nobody, forced to live in this world and trying to fit in when the truth is, I'll never fit in and make everyone happy like I dream to do.

I don't understand what stories to write, how to get my work published, or to come closer to become a famous author like Edgar Allan Poe or anyone else.

I just can't seem to wrap my head around things like this because I only know horror, not love.

Yes, I am in a relationship, but just because someone is in a relationship, doesn't mean that I know all about love.

I stopped working on the One Direction story because I stopped being a fan, same as when I used to be a Justin Bieber fan.

I grew out of those phases the older I became, so the fact that people would rather read a 1D fanfic rather than blood and gore, is really upsetting to me.

Like, did people even ever understand why Edgar Allan Poe's poems that were about some sort of love, ended in horror?

Maybe it's because his view of love isn't always a happy ending, because look at his life.

He married his cousin when she was 13 I think and he was in his 20's, and she died of tuberculosis before he had died in his 40's.

Not everyone has a happy ending, so why does everyone expect a fake love story between 5 pretty boys, rather than blood and gore with a combination of romance?

I just don't get some people, nowadays.

All I read is horror, mystery, and a mix of love stories, but never major gushy love stories.

I guess everyone has their own opinion, but I think I may just stop writing on this site if I can't think of stories to write or anyone to read them.

I don't have writer's block as much as I used to, but the fact that no one wants to read my stories, kind of upsets me a little bit.
November 6th, 2014 at 04:15pm