The Can Is Opened (or, the Problem With Men)

So, last Friday night was Halloween. I dressed up for the occasion, and went to a friend's house party. Had a brilliant night. I even met a guy, who seemed really nice and charming. We spent hours talking at the pub, and yes, we made out (it didn't go any further). We stayed out til 4.30 in the morning, just talking, getting to know each other.

He said I was pretty, that he thought I was hot even though my make up was worn off by the end of the night. He was realy interested in what I did and it seemed like he wanted to get to know me. As pathetic as it sounds, I kinda thought we connected. He asked for my number, and I gave it. I didn't think he would text though. He was adamant that he would, and that he wanted to see me again.

I met my friend the next day (Saturday), who had been at the party. A mutual friend had told her the guy 'had a reputation'. Then seemed to reinforce my whole 'he won't text me' mantra.

Then, he did. He asked how I was, we chatted, and then he asked if I would be interested in meeting again. I said I would. He said he would text me the next day.

I talk to the mutual friend on Sunday , and apparently the guy is really nice. What she meant by rep was that he had gone out with 2 friends of her previously, and it just so happened that they didn't work out. He was a genuine guy though, and she said he treated the girls he dated really nicely.

Then, that evening, the guy texts me again. We were in the middle of chatting, and he disappears. No 'I have to go' or anything. He just didn't reply. I haven't heard from him since.

Like, what was the point? I don't get it. If he wasn't interested, why text me and say you're interested in getting to know me, text me again, then disappear in the middle of a conversation ?

I'm annoyed at myself more than anything else. I kinda got my hopes up. After keeping my guard up for so long to avoid getting hurt or used, I kinda thought this guy might be worth spending time with, something I haven't thought about a guy in a long time. Beyond that, it made me realise that maybe I do want to meet someone, and that pisses me off too because I'm happy being alone, or at least I thought I was. By giving this guy my number and texting him back, I acknowledged that I might have a desire to be with someone again. Once that's acknowledged, it's hard to ignore. It's out of the bag, it's a can that cannot be resealed. It's a bad path to go down.

I'm not hurt or anything. I just don't get why he suddenly went cold. Even if he did text me now, I probably wouldn't believe whatever reason he has for disappearing. I'm just pissed that he turned out to be an asshole.
November 6th, 2014 at 10:29pm