Writer's Block

I want to write about my writer’s block that is already going on for a year or two now.
Only a few years ago, I used to write a song every day and even when I was in elementary school I wrote my own little stories on my grandma’s old typewriter. But ever since I’m out of high school my inspiration suddenly disappeared. It’s like the stuff that I go through isn't that important to write it down anymore.
In high school I was mainly writing to get to know myself and to find out how I could figure out all those things I felt, like disappointment and love obviously. But now, I hardly write a song. I do have a little bloc note that I carry along with me all the time in case I find something to write about, but I really can’t write when I’m happy and when nothing is going on. Ever since I wrote my first song-ish text, I’ve always written about things that I don’t like, from going to grandma every Tuesday to the meal I didn’t like to unanswered love of that one handsome senior.
So, now when I think about it, this writer’s block is a good thing, because it means that I don’t worry about things and that I’m genuinely happy at the moment. And I still have just enough inspiration left to write some hit songs for my diction classes.
November 8th, 2014 at 07:57pm