I'm Engaged!

Yup.
On the 6th of November at a Rise Against gig my boyfriend got down on one knee and proposed to me. Honestly I've never been so happy, knowing he wants to spend the rest of his life with me, even after all the crap that has happened between us, makes me grin like an idiot. I love him, I love him so much that sometimes I just don't know what to do.

It's on facebook now. This seems the acceptable way to announce things. A lot of friends seem really happy for us, even friends I wasn't expecting it from. Our family's however, not exactly a big response. Nothing from my parents, no congratulations, no likes, no anything. People I've known the two months I've been working at Rubicon, gushing with happiness for me.
My auntie is happy for me, my Nan's response was "oh."
Jim's family, besides his one sister, really didn't seem to care. Their congratulations were followed by accusations or pathetic remarks such as "Kate is a see you next Tuesday" or "How much was your computer?" (Kate is my Fiance's sister)

Today we started on planning the engagement party.
A completely foreign concept to him as no one in his family is married however my family is full of numerous failed marriages where they were still introducing people to their spouses at the wedding.
I think this has been the most stressful day of my life!
I'm not even exaggerating, I didn't respond this badly when I get kicked out or when either of my Grandad's died but the idea of all my family in one room with all of Jim's family and me not being able to smoke or drink. I actually don't know how Jim has put up with me today.
We're going to look at a venue tomorrow and I've chosen my dress for the party, we've chosen the bridesmaids; my baby sister, two of my best friends and two of Jim's sisters. I've also made half the invitations and started looking at things such at decorations and possible dates for the party. Jim's chosen his best man and I've chosen a church.
The guest list has been done but this took an hour of arguing and crying and lots of kisses better from my puss cat, (she doesn't care about the wedding as long as she doesn't have to meet any of these people).
I think the wedding is going to tear us apart all over again.
November 8th, 2014 at 11:58pm