Public Writing Prompts!

Okay, so I know that some people - myself included - struggle to come up with story or poetry material. I wanted this to be something that's open to everyone, so please feel free to take these and use them wherever you wish. You do not have to credit me. Also, I would be forever grateful to anyone who leaves their own prompts in the comments - please understand, however, that this is a public service, and as soon as you post the idea, anyone can use it. I would love to hear some feedback from people! Is this useful? Has it helped you? Let me know! Also, feel free to leave links to any stories you use these for in the comments. Basically, just use these however you want - it's unmoderated.

Writing Prompts Below:

Your emotions are an albatross - what it is doing?

The tree outside your window is dying - give it three reasons to live.

Why does the creaky floorboard in your bedroom always give you the shivers?

If the moon had a name - what would it be?

If the Gods were everything for a thousand years - where did they go?

The sun and the moon once traveled hand-in-hand through the sky - what happened?

The Romans told of a girl falling from the top of the world - who was she?

How many emotions can you think of - name three smells for each of them.

A homeless man asks you your name, when you give it he shakes his head and mumbles 'no'- what happens next?

Your life is a room - what kind of room is it?

Tell me - why is that girl sleeping with the preacher's son?

Don't tell me about what a monster does - tell me about how it became a monster.

When you close your eyes you're flying - what's beneath you?

Tell me a story about someone who mistook hunger for love.

Without saying what it is - how has your biggest mistake helped shape you?

A comet flashes through the sky - where is it going?

Tell me - what parts of you do you want to be made of water? What about Porcelain? Steel?

Your eyes close for the final time - what happens next?

If you were made of flames - what kind of fire would you want to be?

Aliens are real - tell me why they haven't contacted us.

As we grow older - why do the antagonists become more attractive?

You stand at the head of a revolution - what is it?

Who is the person hiding behind the bookshelf - why are they there?
November 9th, 2014 at 06:33pm