My First Fan Fiction

The best thing about being a teacher is being off on days like today. Hallelujah!

There is something that I'd like to address today and that is my first ever fan fiction. It was a Harry Potter fan fiction featuring Draco Malfoy, Oliver Wood and my fabulous OC.

See, by the time I started writing HP fan fiction, I had read many, many other fan fictions, so I had it in my mind that "I'm not going to be like all of the other cliche HP fan fix writers! Look how awesome I am!" But I was far from awesome.

To 'stick it to the man', my story was basically the opposite of all of the cliches I had read, which pretty much made it a whole other cliche. And it was also just a shitty story in general.

I was able to find it saved on a flash drive, so I will now share with you some pieces of my first ever fan fiction. Which I believe was named Heartless after that song. Ignore the fact that my grammar is also total shit. Huzzah.

In this scene, my OC (Scarlet) and Draco are dating. Scarlet secretly hates him for some weird reason I never really explained. They run into Blaise.

“Oi! Malfoy, Scarlett, what you lot been up to?” Blaise said, staring at Scarlett.

Malfoy pulled Scarlett closer to him, waving his hand to motion for Blaise to walk with them.

Malfoy turned to his friend, “Oh, you know, mate. Just keeping up the image of Hogwarts’ hottest couple.

“Which is what?”

Malfoy glared at him and hissed, “You know, just couple stuff. Back off.”


Hermione and Scarlet are friends. In this scene, Hermione and Scarlet have a heart-to-heart. This is in the same chapter as the scene above, by the way.

“Scarlett!” Hermione said, walking down the steps of her dorm.

“Hey,” Scarlett said, patting the spot on the couch next to her as Hermione moved towards her.
The portrait opened once more, letting in Harry and Ron. The two boys smiled at the pair of girls, nodding their heads before heading up to their dormitory.

“What’s going on?” Hermione asked, a sweet smile on her face.

Scarlett sighed looking from her friend, to the fireplace, then back at the curly headed girl.

“I just don’t know how much more of this I can take,” Scarlett said, “Malfoy just won’t leave me alone.”

Hermione laughed, “Well Hun, you’re his girlfriend.”

Scarlett’s eyes pinched in a small glare.

“I know,” Hermione said “You don’t want to be with him, but I’ve told you how to fix it!”

“I can’t break up with him. You know that.” Scarlett said, pulling her legs to her body “If I break up with him, I’ll get kicked off the quidditch team, Snape’ll find some way to give me detention for the rest of my life, and-”

“You don’t want to,” Hermione finished.


I had a way with the dramatics.

THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST SCENE IN THE HISTORY OF ALL TIME. IT EMBARRASSES ME JUST TO READ IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. CUE THE CHEESINESS.

So, this scene occurs after Malfoy catches Scarlet hanging out with the Gryffindors and gets mad at her. Dear god have mercy.

The next day, Scarlett awoke to someone shaking her. She turned to find Daphne Greengrass shaking her furiously. “Wake up.” Daphne said “Malfoy’s looking for you and he sounds pissed.”

Scarlett got out of bed and got dressed before going to the commons area. She and Draco were the only ones in the room. He was sitting on a sofa with his head in his hands. Scarlett stepped towards him, “Draco?” she questioned.

“Sit down,” he pointed to the sofa next to him and she sat, “Some Gryffindor girl came by and dropped off your books. She said you left them in the Gryffindor common room.” he looked at her accusingly “Why were you there?”

“For you.” she smiled, “Open the book.”

Draco looked at her then pulled open the cover of the book. A small piece of paper fell out. I miss you. it read. Draco looked down at it then to Scarlett and smiled at her.

Thank God for magic. Scarlett thought.

He stood up and walked over to her, holding out his hand. She grabbed it and he pulled her and put his other hand around her waist and she placed her free hand on his shoulder. He spun her around and pulled her back towards him. She smiled and leaned her head against his chest.

“Oi, mates!” Blaise shouted from the doorway, “What are you guys doing?”

Malfoy and Scarlett looked at Blaise and Malfoy responded, letting Scarlett go, “I was about to get laid, but you ruined.” Malfoy answered, “Let’s go eat breakfast.” The smile fell from Scarlett’s face as she remembered why she despised Malfoy.


Oh my god I hate myself.
November 11th, 2014 at 06:54pm