Begging for Comments? | Give Me Stories

I just started to read a story for which the layout was already bothersome to the eyes, and the summary had a few mistakes that could have easily been fixed. No big deal when the content is good, right?

Anyways, I went to the first chapter ready to read when BAM! Based on my title I'm sure you can guess.

The author was asking for comments. It was striked out, which I thought was interesting because shouldn't authors notes be at the bottom? So down I scrolled and the author is again stating that comments are necessary should readers want the story to continue.

I really wanted to read it, but I was so put off by the seemingly desperate way the author asked for comments. It came off as demanding, even. I'm sure you can also guess that I promptly clicked out of that story. *Sigh*
If you are participating in National Novel Writing Month please leave your story or summary link so I can take a look! Subscriptions, recommendations, and comments are very likely~ Mine is called Twenty-One and is based upon some very real things but can also be considered very fiction. Happy writing, everyone!
Anyways, if you have any stories about:
-Flash/Barry Allen
-Draco Malfoy
-Ghost characters
-Harry Potter
-Mental illnesses
Please leave them here for me. Anything else can be left but if it does not fit the above please include an asterisk (*) next to it~ I'll get around to taking a look at everything eventually, depending on how much is left.
November 11th, 2014 at 10:06pm