RIP Diem Brown

Hey guys.

Very, very sad news. Diem Brown has lost her battle with cancer. She was 32.

For those who aren't aware, Diem Brown was a participant on the many installments of MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge. It was there that she revealed to the world that, at just 23 years of age, she was battling ovarian cancer. Doctors didn't think she would make it, but she did, and even went on to star in another installment of the game show while she was recovering. It was also during one of these challenges that she committed arguably the most touching and memorable moment in the shows history by removing her wig and showing everyone she was a survivor.

In 2012, Diem was diagnosed with ovarian cancer for the second time. It was around this time that she founded MedGift, a website dedicated to helping others find funding for their medical emergencies, while also providing support.

She overcame that obstacle, and was in remission for about two years, until August 2014, while she was filming her eighth Challenge competition, she collapsed on set. She was airlifted to a hospital, and later announced to several news outlets that she was diagnosed with colon cancer. Last month, she revealed the cancer had spread to her stomach, liver, and lymph nodes.

Earlier this week, the cancer worsened, and friends and family began gathering at her bedside. She was still resilient as ever, and refused to give up, even when the doctor's seemingly had. But, sadly, on Friday, November 14, 2014, the brave and courageous Diem Brown passed away.

I've been following Diem's battle with the disease for quite some time, and found her to be such an inspiration. She fought until the very end, and even when her spirits were at their lowest, she still vowed to fight the good fight. She wanted to live, and even talked about freezing her eggs so one day she could start a family of her own. Although I'm glad she's no longer suffering, it's still a sad day.

My condolences go out to her family and friends, who stuck by her through thick and thin.

Rest in peace, beautiful girl.

Image
November 14th, 2014 at 06:31pm