My Reasoning Behind Lack of Updates.

I've just come back from Egypt with my best friend. It was an amazing holiday and I now feel so much more at ease and calm in my life, that I thought I could come back and join the community of Mibba again with a positive attitude. Don't get me wrong, I've been lurking, reading stories and blogs and chatting to people still, however I haven't updated in a while.

I was very stressed before my holiday. Although I finally finished my first year in Childcare, I still felt overly stressed about things that weren't even worth it. I suffer Anxiety pretty bad and stress is a huge trigger for me, so I've been in contact with my doctor a lot and she knew this holiday would be perfect for me--- and it was!!

However, after coming back onto Mibba I decided to treat my readers to 'The Boy Next Door' and update a few chapters at once. But as I clicked on my stories, nothing appeared. I refreshed the page. I searched in the bar for the story in particular but it said the page doesn't exist. I began to panic and decided to head over to the community stories and searched my story in there. My heart slowed when I saw, still as good as new, TBND was still there and hadn't been wiped somehow. I then tried clicking on other things of mine, such as my blogs, and like the stories, nothing is there. But thankfully when I went on Mibba on my phone, everything appeared like normal. So I'm totally pissed as to why my laptop isn't showing me my stories.

I promise my readers though that I will have a little look into things and hopefully I can get back to updating very soon. If not it looks like I will have to put everything onto my memory stick and plug it into another computer into my house and prey they don't hate me either.

In other news, at the moment some of my stories are in the air and could go either way, but I am working on something new that I haven't decided if I will post on here or just keep to myself. It is a fanfic with Harry, but slightly AU. I have given it space to grow into an original story if I decide to go that way with it. I've not been excited about a story quite like I am with this one- I finally have found something that brings out a lot of my passion for writing. I'm really hoping this piece of work will also help me improve as a writer.

I don't want to end the blog on a bad note, but I have made a big decision, one I've been deliberating over for a while now. It is to do with my banner requests.
I'm officially retiring from making banners.
I hate to do it, but I've just had so many times where I've put effort into a piece of work and the person hasn't even used it. I don't care if you use it for a week and then change it, at least it saw the light of day for a while. But some people don't have the balls to tell me straight that they aren't feeling it or don't feel like the banner is right for the story. You may still see my banners in my own work, whether solo or group stories, but that's probably it.

I just thought I'd best make it official before people get their hopes up when asking for a banner from me!

Image
November 16th, 2014 at 07:06pm