I Got the Job!

I just got home last night from a trip to NYC to see my boyfriend. He and his mom, along with his mom's long time business partner, have started a small business. It's called Bow Wow Meow; it's a pet concierge and cafe. They host parties of all sorts, as well as sell pet-friendly (and human-friendly) treats, cakes, pastries, etc. They're also partnered with Pet Smart, allowing the sale of their products off BWM's website as well.

Their first party is in a week or so for a chihuahua's birthday. There, they'll be giving out fliers as well as business cards and such. They're going to be hiring some time after the first party (depending on how it goes, but I can't imagine it going poorly!) and I'm their first employee-to-be!

This means I'm going to be moving to New York. I'm from Boston, so it's not a very long ride (~four hours) and instead of Amtrak, which is ALWAYS late, sometimes as late as two hours, and costs anywhere from $49 to $129 for a single trip, we've been taking the Bolt Bus lately. It's always left exactly on time and gets to its destination either 30 minutes early (last night) or five minutes late (once). It's anywhere from $1 to $20; it could be more expensive, but usually if you get the tickets about two weeks in advance, they're in that price range. I'd be able to come back home every other weekend, if I really wanted to!

For the time being, we'd probably rent out to my boyfriend's current landlord. His house is a three family, and the first floor is currently unoccupied. It's right in Queens and we'd be working from Manhattan, which is a bus and train ride away, so it'd be really convenient. We've been looking for other places, too, but that'd be enough for right now!

I'm soooo excited. I can give my two weeks to my current job the second my boyfriend calls me and tells me it's all good, and they have the money to start hiring. It's thought to be anywhere between from a week from the party, to maybe mid January/early February. I can stick it out that much longer at my current job!

I can't wait! Any donations to Bow Wow Meow's IndieGogo account will greatly help. They have received direct donations as well, but it's a bit easier to go through here. If you're interested, please donate any dollar amount you choose, and depending on the amount, you may choose a perk as well! Thank you very much!
November 17th, 2014 at 04:25pm