The White Man

Now I have a few blogs drafted that are likely more important than this but jesus I cannot handle the amount of people who stay ignorant about the continued racism by whites. I get it if you don't live around it or aren't a racist, okay. But when you crash an event to perpetuate racism and take part in it yourself? Well maybe you should have your home (read: land) taken from you and be forced to aid in my daily life (read: become enslaved by a Native) so we can then see how you feel. This is all unedited and raw thoughts so please no criticism, I'm severely upset. So here:

"Strong hearts to the front! The Sacred Water MUST be protected #NOKXL #VOTENOKXL #HonorTheTreaties #STOPTHETARSANDS *Educational quote and image by Not Your Mascots the org*"

*Bunch of supportive comments*

*Here comes troll #1 talking about the so-called benefits of the pipeline*

*Natives commenting about how he's wrong*

*Single-comment trolls*

*Native response*

The comments I was going to quote have since been deleted. These are rough memories

A woman who supports Native opinions says we need to drop to our knees and pray to God.

I tell her that God is a concept forced onto the Natives when the white men came and decided to force these children to assimilate.

A man says that I'm right and maybe we should take all the Native schools away and teach these children how to make arrowheads instead of giving them education and other racist remarks.

ME: John, it isn't about education - these schools were made to turn these kids white. They had to give up all aspects of their culture - clothing, spiritual belief, everything. They couldn't even speak their Native tongue even when it was all they knew. It would be so incorrect to do that today with people entering our country! It would definitely be wrong to do it to those from whom this country was taken. Do not ever put words in my mouth.

KELLY: So right, Bridgette. white Christians don't want anything but more white Christians.

JOHN: I did not make this land the way it is. If the Indians had won the indian wars, we would all be walking down to the creek for water. This country is the way it , because WE won... That is the way it is... so, if any American wants to prosper, they will need to have an education, and assimilate into OUR culture...

ME: ...you cannot "win" a country by killing everyone in it and then raping and pillaging the rest like a bunch of savages which you so like to depict us as. You sound like someone who would support Hitler with the statements you just made. We Natives do not need anything from men like you.

JOHN: Bridgette a "savage" can come in any nationality.. I am a conversationalist. But a practical one.

ME: Exactly! So everyone who wants to pitch the history that the Natives were savages before the ~white man saved us~ needs to check their privilege and then stop and check how they're acting - because they're most likely acting savage!

*More comments, irrelevant because John ignored me and started another fight with Kelly, a supporter*

HAZE: Some people in this thread should understand just because you stole a country from people didn't mean you were right to do so. Winning and right are not always the same thing... Gloating over genocide doesn't make you cool/right or anything good, just makes you an asshole of the highest caliber... And one more thing "a history of atrocity does not justify the continuation of an atrocity - Capt. Paul Watson"

*More Native comments and comments in support*

*More racist and ignorant John*
And I love it when my fellow brothers and sisters liked my comments - even if they were deleted shortly after just because we try not to engage in these trolls too much. But holy shit the anger these people are igniting in me is like none before. I'd love to just throw a tomahawk at their head when they make racist references towards us and our culture just for the satisfaction that despite perpetuating their ignorance, I did something that they wouldn't have truly expected *evil laugh*. I'd love to just have them fall into dirty, oil water likely to kill them when they talk about how it is no big deal to destroy our lands where the water will become ruined. I would just love their houses to fall in on them due to fracking. Violence is nothing something I condone and I never wish death upon people but it's clear events like I keep thinking about is something that would make these people understand how ignorant they are. You know? It's clear that unless someone of importance or someone with a white face dies because of the things they want to do on Native lands, the ignorance will continue.
November 18th, 2014 at 06:05pm