The Job Search Is Over!

Because I got a job! AT WALMART!

Oh my god let me just tell you.......I am on freaking cloud something right now! Nine doesn't even compare! I'm over the moon right now!

Okay so this is what happened. Up until the interview I had been asking a job board some questions when I needed extra help after reading their interview articles. I was very pleased with their answers.

So this morning my interview was at ten and I had gotten up at seven to go back and look at their articles, remember what my answer would be for certain questions and I looked up the company as well.

Got my interview outfit and changed my shoes because that was my mom's critique of the outfit but I'm not formal so i don't have formal shoes, hell not even clothes really but I put something together and she let me borrow her heels.

So I went there at nine, stayed in my car and read a book until fifteen minutes before ten. Went in there and got instantly worried when I saw other people there because I had an interview at ten and with all those people there I thought it was going to be a group interview. But my worries were eased when someone came out and called one person back though I was still worried I had to compete with those people.

So then i was called back and was thrown for another loop when the interviewer asked those "tell me a time" questions. I had only prepared for why should i hire you, why do you want to work here etc type questions.

But I answered as best as I could and was told to wait out front again. I was given a paper that listed legal documents to bring for intensification purposes. I had a feeling I was hired because that doesn't seem like something they just hand put to people they interview.

Plus with the first part of the interview the lady was just going over my application but that document paper was in the stack so it seems like they made the choice already to hire me before then.

Anyways though I was called back a second time by another lady. And when she told me to sit down she said "we would like to offer you the position."

If I could jump out of my chair and be like YES YES YES! I would have done that. But I remained composed. Signed a lot of papers and asked her some questions and was told that I needed to take a drug test- my very first one- today. Lucky for me the place she required was near a place I had previously worked and was just two lights down the road.

So I went in. Gave the sample and was on my way home.

The positional is full time seasonal and I get paid eight bucks and hour. When they get the results from the background check and the sample back I should get a call either this week or Monday and they will set up orientation.

I am so happy right now! I can finally get into the holiday spirit. I know I am going to have money as soon as early next month. I am just so happy right now.

And I thanked the job board for helping me and unsubscribed to their job email alerts and shared my store with them on their website.

I'm just,........words cannot explain my joy right now.
November 18th, 2014 at 06:28pm