I Don't Know What I Want for Christmas

I finally have a job but now I don't know what I want for the holidays. I mean I guess I'll know when I go to the stores but in the meantime thinking about it is a challenge. I don't even know what I am going to get other people and I just realized I might not have a lot of time to shop with my work schedule. Not that I got it....or started working but I said I could work seven to ten and while that is true, it is going to be full time. Well full time is just eight hours in a day....eh I guess I'll have time. Though the first paycheck might not go to anything Xmas related. I'll probably splurge on myself.

I know I am going to turn my phone back on and put gas in my car and then I am finally going to try Applebee's new order online thing. It's been months since I ate there.

Anyways though with this job at Walmart, I already have experience in cashiering though it's not much. But I just realized my few fears on the job is when people come to check out and they have items from the grocery section that don't have a price tag like fruits and veggies. You know you pick them out and put them in bags and then the cashier has to select which one it is from the menu thing. And I don't know my fruits and veggies like that. I mean I know what an onion and squash look like, but things like cucumber from zucchini. IDK!

And then I had a dream last night that I was ringing this old lady up and she was leaving but I saw that she forgot three bags and told her and she got mad saying "you forgot about the bags? You were just going to let me walk out of here without me having everything i paid for?"

Ugh! I don't want to deal with mean customers! Even if it is part of the job. And what if someone does come to my register and wants to do that Walmart price matcher thing? I don't know if people have seen the commercials but apparently you tell Walmart you saw an item at a lower price and they match it at the register.

I know I'm going to be trained and all but I am still worried.

But I just realized what I am most happy about is that I will have another job to add to my resume. The only retail job I have on it closed and I never thought to ask my managers if they would have a number for other employers to contact them by. So having Walmart on my resume will be amazing!

Another thing I am worried about is orientation because they want us to wear dress pants or khaki pants but no jean material. The only dress pants I have I can hardly fit. I haven't been a size ten in years and it is pants my mom got from somewhere and told me to get tailored one day two years ago. I tried it on last night and while it fits I'm worried about the zipper busting should I try to sit down.

Maybe I can get it tailored to a bigger size but it seems....not right to ask for money for that. I already have to ask for gas money tomorrow for my advising appointment.

I wish we could wear skirts but they want us to wear navy or black pants and a white or navy collared shirt and closed toe and back shoes and if we don't we have to leave the orientation.

Though all in all I can't wait to get that call.

Oh yeah and after I came home and told my mom about the job I thanked the job board that helped me and unsubscribed to their emails and then got a message thanking me about sharing my story as to how it happened and they wanted to post my story to their pinrest board of hired members but needed a photo of me. I hate taking pictures but it seemed like a worthy cause if it would encourage someone else that is still looking. Plus they are also sending me a shirt!

In in Mibba related news I might have some surprises coming throughout the day. I know this should be taken with a grain of salt but with my accounts on another site being banned and me wanting to close the third one, I have nothing else better to do with my time anymore so I am going to try to invest more into Mibba. Though when my first paycheck comes I am going to need something to invest money into all over again.
November 19th, 2014 at 04:38pm