Master List of Helpful Links

Hi hi hi. So just like my list of 8tracks playlist I posted a little bit ago, this is meant to be a sort of tool for any of you guys writing out there. I found this website that literally centers around TV tropes and writing and how to flesh out characters. The website itself is a tad difficult to navigate because there are so many links and stuff, so I've really just grabbed a few different links that I think are amazingly helpful and I'm going to post them here. These are all from TVTrope.org and it's now my favorite thing. Hopefully you find these useful. I know I do and they're honestly some of the best damn things I've ever used, especially for writing characters and understanding how to write them.

Order Versus Chaos- This helps you write stories that are not so much good vs. evil as they are order vs. chaos. For example, I think The Walking Dead is order vs. chaos more than it is good vs. evil. A LOT of the stories I see on here struggle to realize the difference, as well as my own.

Character Alignment- SOMETHING EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ AND REFER BACK TO. This is the ultimate map of what your character needs to be like, depending on the personality you've given them. This is so important. You're character, in order to be solid and not wishy-washy should fall into one of these categories!!

Character Tropes- How to write and personalize your character to fit a specific trope. This is a huge list with links and they're all super specific.

Understanding Fan Fiction- Goes into depth on how fan fictions and it's different facets should work, as well as the elements that should be included to make it a fan fiction.

Basic Characters- This includes types of characters that are not for establishing connections, but as devices. These are the different kinds of tropes that you need for a scene or two or just as a plot device to continue your story.

Writing Action/ Adventure- How to write the scenes as well as different tropes to include in these types of stories. These are the most common stories I see on Mibba, hence is inclusion in this.

I have a bunch of other links but I think these are the most important ones that I have. The character things I seriously want to stress because I think in my own writing, I struggle and have the habit of making super weak characters. So just keep these in mind and I hope these helped someone!

-N
November 20th, 2014 at 01:41am