Spring Semster Sign up and the Elderly at Dollar General

I had an advising appointment to go to and ironically the class I am failing, the teach of it is my adviser. She's nice though and she doesn't remember off the top of her head how I am doing in her class.

Anyways so she recommended me classes to take and so I wanted to do that at the college but this is the first time I have been there during an actual semester and the computer lab looked like it had a class in it so I decided to do it at home.

I first though made a stop at the Dollar General to see if they have since restock their chips section but they didn't and so I decided to look at their puzzle books and got a sudoku and word search puzzle.

Well before that, I was kind of wandering around after realizing they didn't have the chips I wanted and saw this lady talking on her phone. Customer service from some company. She seemed annoyed.

I didn't think anything of it until I got in line. The only open line because with Dollar General they only have one employee ever working.

That lady on the phone was there trying to pay for a pack of beer with paypal apparently.

It honestly sounds really stupid because for one it's a pack of beer and two the very thought of paying for something not online with paypal is just....laughable especially considering it's just a third party for nothing as the money actually comes out of your own damn bank account anyways!

I guess that's what the customer service call was about because she was saying over the phone how the keypad thing was telling her to swipe her card and she wasn't going to do that.

Then I heard from behind me a old lady who sounded like she was exhausted and had a hard time breathing. She said "excuse me but can I go next because she is going to be on the phone all day."

Now I thought she was talking to me because I was next in line and could not see the cashier so her being behind me and also not seeing the cashier, I thought I was the one being talked to and stepped aside.

She even moved her cart to get around me and asked the cashier if she could go next and he said yes. Then she looked at me and told me to go and I said "no, no you can go"

And then she kind of cut me off not wanting to hear it and actually grabbed my upper arm like how you would pull a child who was getting smart with you. It kind of hurt a bit and I was a bit in shock and then pissed.

She then repeated that the paypal lady would be on that phone all day and then i kind of realized she was talking for both of us.

I didn't say anything. I payed for my stuff and left. I wanted to do exact change but with the way she was acting, fishing through my purse for fourteen cent seemed....not like a good idea. After I paid I heard her say thank you like she was glad it didn't take so long.

I was still pissed though. For starters don't put your fucking hands on me. Second of all don't speak for me. If i have a problem and get tired waiting for her slow ass to settle her nonsense with paypal I will talk to the cashier myself. And third of all you're the one- the only fucking one- complaining so don't decline someone when they tell you you can check out next because DUH! You're the one having the fucking hissy fit!

But no. I didn't want to start anything and this seemed like one of those pick your battle kind of things so I am letting it go. But if someone puts their hands on me like that again we are going to have a problem.
November 20th, 2014 at 07:46pm