Update + Music Friday

Hey y'all.

How you been?

I feel like so much yet so little has happened since the last time I wrote a blog. (Which was almost a week ago)

BOUT A WEEK AGGGGGGGOOOOOO

Sorry. (If you get the reference, you're rad as hell and I fucks with you.)

Anyway, I kinda of feel like I have to be productive doing something creative this weekend because on Monday I'm going on a retreat.

Yeah. If you don't know, I go to an all-girls catholic school and one of the requirements of each grade level is to have a retreat. As a senior not only do we leave the city, we also stay outside the city for more than a day. So from Monday to Wednesday I will be knee-deep in a retreat with 102 other girls doing...I honestly don't know. They don't tell us what we're doing until we get there. Then when we get there we can't talk about it.

So, yep. Hopefully it will be a great experience. I am open to anything.

Or it can go down in literal flames.

There's a lot of tension since last year a girl brought weed to the trip which led to a very huge mess for the class of 2014.

And two or so girls this year said they were going to bring weed this year.

Um. It was seen. The girls have been called in a private manner. Whoever could get snatched got snatched after last period for a little notice that if you bring drugs, shit is not gonna be in your favor.

There has also been some boiling altercations that have just been pure..mess. Like people following someone home for the sake of fighting them and petty arguments in shit.

It's gonna be a really rad two days.

Or it really will go up in flames.

We'll just see. All I know is that I'm gonna be chilling in sweatpants and uggs and drink tea whenever possible.

Anyway, to the music.

1. Beyoncé - 7/11


THIS IS LIFE. It's really everything. The ultimate twerk song. I didn't know how much I needed this song in my life until it happened. And now my tumblr and mibba bio quotes it.

2. Made in Heights - Panther


I have such a pull for this song. It's inspiring. It's currently fueling my fire to continue/outline/work out the NaNo idea I was gonna do this year. It's so indie and so chill and it makes me feel a bit romantic/need for touch.

3. Astronomyy - Not Into U


I dislike when people use "U" instead of "You" sometimes, but it's whatever. The song is great and the beat is too trill. I really love when people have this certain sound to their beat that I can't explain, but I'm a sucker for it. If it's in a song, it adds an element to it that automatically makes me wanna like it. Just, ugh. This is very surf. I don't know much about the surf genre since astronomyy is the first person who has categorized their music as surf that I can identify it as such, but from this song it's really chill and light. Like you can actually imagine yourself surfing or on a beach with this music. Which is cool, I guess.

That's pretty much it. I haven't found much new music this week, sadly.

I hope you're all doing well. Love you guys.

Bye! <3
November 22nd, 2014 at 03:47am