So Inspired!

Lately I've been feeling really space minded and easily distracted when it comes to sitting down and working on my story. I mean, the intent was there, but the follow through and focus just wasn't. So, I did what I always do when I need a boost of inspiration........I started reading again. Last time this happened, I read the entire Submissive series by the author, Tara Sue Me.

It inspired me a ton. This time, I started the Hacker series by the author, Meredith Wild. I read the entire first book in two hours last night! Sometimes it surprises me just how fast of a reader I am. Like, when I read things, I actually comprehend them quickly as well and don't just skim over things without really mentally grasping what I read. I mean, I'm not saying this to brag or boast about myself because it isn't like that.

My ability to read well and write have always been the number two things I'm confident in with myself. Like, naturally happy with and proud of. Reading and writing has always felt sort of a like of gift I was able to enjoy on my own. I'm not sure if I'm describing myself well here. I'm not saying that I'm gifted or fabulous at writing, I'm saying that the ability to read and write are things that I feel privileged to be able to do. I dunno. Moving on.....lol.

So after reading the book last night, it inspired me to want to work on my story again. Then, on Facebook earlier, I commented on Meredith's book and page and she liked my post and commented me back! It made me smile. Before, I also commented on Tara Sue Me's page and she replied as well. So that makes two authors I really admire that responded! Stuff like that really thrills me because these people have published books that are well known and selling yet they still remain down to earth people and don't act too holier than thou to respond to their fans.

If I ever got published to a point where my books were best sellers and then got even semi famous, I would still talk to my fans and make a point to include them. I'm not interested in fame or even the money, the story itself and my love of writing and being able to talk about those things with other people who read my stuff and liked it would be the most amazing thing! I think I'd be ecstatic to do a book signing cause then I could meet people who like my book more personally and talk to them about it.

Even here on Mibba, I don't care about how popular my story is, I care most about when people give me feedback and discuss what they specifically enjoyed about the story or about my writing. I like to get lost in conversations about the characters and their roles. I think that's why comments are the first thing I get excited for and long for when I post updates. I've rambled on long enough for one blog but if I can shake this damn headache long enough to feel clear minded, I'm going to work on my story!
November 23rd, 2014 at 08:22pm