Thanksgiving

I was wondering why everyone was talking about Thanksgiving so early, and then I realized it's in four days. Damn this month went by fast.

So I decided to be cheesy and list stuff I'm grateful for. I'll make it a tagging thing, how about that? I'll tag people to do this and then you can tag people to do it and it'll be fun and it'll make us all think about the positive things in life.

So. I'm grateful for:

1. My husband. I don't want to be too overly sentimental, but I am so grateful and lucky to be married to him. We've been together four and a half years now and this is the first Thanksgiving that I get to be grateful not just to have him in my life, but to be able to call him my husband.

2. My parents. They've been so supportive of me. Even though there have been some rough spots lately, they've been willing to help any way they can.

3. My closest friends, who have listened to me gripe, given sympathy and motivation accordingly, and have never judged me for not wanting to put on pants no matter how many Important Things To Do there are.

4. The general direction of my life. I'm married, I'm graduating in 24 days, my husband and I are moving to the cities in the summer and our roommate is not coming with and as much as I love her I'm excited to start the next chapter of our marriage on our own and starting our own individual lives, and he's going to college and I'm going to find a job in my field and life just feels like it's moving very fast right now but I'm just so happy that we're able to really get started on our future.

5. We can afford Christmas presents. I know this is a pretty materialistic thing compared to the rest of this list, but we aren't able to do that very often and it means a lot to us to finally be able to get something for the people we love, even though they are pretty small gifts.

On a side note, my husband just walked into our bedroom, put his hand on my shoulder, gently tipped my head back like he was going to kiss my neck...and then licked the side of my face and walked out laughing. Marriage.

Anyway, I tag Katie Mosing and Lex Luthor for now. =) Let's see if this goes anywhere...
November 23rd, 2014 at 10:40pm