How Do You Make Spaghetti?

No.....this isn't a blog of me asking how to make it as if in I didn't know.....because I totally do. I'm just curious how other people out there make theirs. There of course is making homemade spaghetti methods and then store bought that you cook at home also.

I'm betting that most of you all, if you do cook, buy pre-made spaghetti sauce at the store and the ready cook noodles from a box. There's totally nothing wrong with that. It's fast and easy. But, I'm curious if there are any die hard Italians or people in general here on Mibba that make spaghetti completely from scratch!

As in.....making their own noodles. Cutting up actual whole tomatoes, onions and all that type of stuff AND use real herbs instead of the dried, bottled stuff. I've never made that kind before. I bet that it takes A LONG ASS time to cook it from scratch. However, I bet the taste would be worth it all. Fresh ingredients always give dishes that extra pizzazz.

I guess that I am kind of in the middle of scratch made and store bought. More on the store bought end. I buy spaghetti sauce in the jars and the noodles from the box at the store. However, I like to add freshly minced garlic, ground black pepper, onions and green peppers/other random vegetables to my sauce after I've given them a gentle saute. I also add more Italian seasonings and such. Sometimes I put ground beef in the sauce but only sometimes. I dunno.....I'm not huge on meat all the time.

So as the title states, I'm just curious how you all make yours. My husband always talks about how his Italian grandma use to always make actual homemade spaghetti from scratch when he would go over to her house as a kid. She lives here in America. He then said the next year she had already switched to buying Ragu spaghetti sauce because it was easier and faster lol. He was sad because he had already gotten spoiled to the homemade stuff. But now a days he likes spaghetti any way he can get it LOL.

For those of you who want to say something bad about people who post about food online/social media sites, I love food and it's something that makes me happy. If me talking about it in my blog bothers you, I guess you'll just either be bothered or you aren't required to read it. =D
November 23rd, 2014 at 11:11pm