The "Makeup" Argument.

I'm going to try and make this as short as possible.

1) Caking makeup on is okay.
2) Natural makeup is okay.
3) No makeup is okay.

What's not okay is putting someone down because you don't like the way that they physically present themselves.

Guys, believe me when I say that I've done all 3. I've caked makeup on to the point where I changed skin color and my eyeliner wings reached the end of my eyebrows. I've applied blush vigorously and wore lipstick like my life depended on it. Sometimes, it was for parties. Other times, it was because I could barely look at myself in the mirror.

I've worn no makeup when I went to places. The first time I did it, after habitually applying makeup for 6 months, I almost cried. My nose was too big, my lips were too small, my skin was disgustingly pale. But I felt so much lighter.

Your beauty isn't represented by your makeup. Makeup is just something that people pick up along the way and they choose whether or not to stick with it.

So, yeah, who knows what I'll do tomorrow. I might cake eyeliner on or I might go completely bare.

I just know that I won't put up with anyone who makes snide remarks on my physical appearance, because honestly, no one has the fucking time to deal with shitty people.
November 24th, 2014 at 04:06am