A Visual Representation of My Marriage (Fixed the Pictures)

So my husband and I finally bought a second bookshelf recently. My husband has lived with me since March of 2010 and he still had a bunch of stuff in boxes and bins because we didn't think we had room for any more bookshelves, but we rearranged some things and made room, and today (as you saw if you read my last post) we assembled that bookshelf, and he put his stuff on it, and for the first time since he moved in with me, everything he owns is out of boxes and put away.

Here's what's hilarious to me. This is what his bookshelf looks like:

Image

And here's what mine looks like:

Image

For some reason I just feel like this is the perfect representation of what our minds would look like, and somehow it just encapsulates our whole marriage perfectly. XD

(What's interesting to me is that my husband pointed out that when he moved in with me, he felt like I had my shit together a lot better than he did--and in some ways I still do. I've finished college, I know what I want to do with my life more or less and I'm going for it, and I know what kind of person I want to be and I'm going for that too. His mind and his surroundings are so well organized and mine are always such a mess, but somehow I'm the one who gets shit figured out and taken care of when necessary.)
November 24th, 2014 at 05:01am