Ranting and Thankfulness

Hello all!

So this past week was so slow, I thought it would never end, but now we're at another crazy week. One full of Thanksgiving stories, long work days, slow news days and finally some delicious food.
Being a reporter is rough, for everyone out there that thinks it's easy, I'd love to trade jobs with you, except if you're a teacher -- I give you all props but no thank you. I cringe just thinking about it, but seriously if you're a teacher, you deserve a medal.
Okay, so back to last week. I had another rough check-in with my bosses. It went something like -- "Get your page views up."
"How do you think you did?"
This is me: "I know I did bad, you don't need to tell me."
Yeah, it was super fun....
But, this week is Thanksgiving, so I am going to try and stay positive, even though I have to start my shift on Thanksgiving for the Black Friday Shift and I am working Saturday. BUT. I get next Monday off, so there's that.
I want to start my ranting by saying thank you to my parents, because honestly life wouldn't be what it is without them. Especially my mom, she's more than just my mom, she's my best friend and sometimes arch enemy. She tells me things I don't want to hear, but need to. She's my guidance counselor, shopping buddy, personal hug dispenser, and sometimes chef. I love her to pieces.
My boyfriend, oh where do I start? Thank you for everything (and he hates when I thank him for anything). He sits with me when I'm stressed, he makes sure I'm covered up in bed when it's freezing in our apartment, he does the smallest things that seriously warm my heart. He welcomed me into his family, who is like my own family now - especially his sisters - and I love him even more for that.
I want to thank all of you in the Mibba world. I can come here and write and you guys read without judgement, and I really appreciate that.

I want to know how all of your weeks went! And for those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving, what's your favorite dish you'll get to eat? Mine will be the stuffing, God, I could eat platefuls of that.

Love you all! xoxo
November 24th, 2014 at 01:59pm